𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓-07

Chapter 7

Holding his hand we walk through the empty park as the silence engulfed us in it's arms.

Not long after tiny angels started falling from the sky, wearing a dress of white reminding us of innocence and love. These little angels had a mission tonight and it was to color Rome in white, they preferred calling themselves Snow.

“Its snowing.” I place my hand out as those little fairies fell into my palm.

“It is.” I stare up at the ancient God beside me and our eyes lock.

“Its beautiful isn't it.” He whispered, his eyes never once blinked, as if he was scared that if his eyes close I will disappear like the snow which touched the ground.

“So delicate and pure.” He continued his finger caressing my cheeks.

“Don’t disappear like they do.”

I nod leaning into his touch, “Promise me.

“I promise.”

His arms wrap around me, pulling me into his warm, familiar chest.My head against his heart as it beats, music to my ears.

But good things never last.

Feeling someone's eyes on us, I search for the other soul other than us, I try to pull away but Alessandro doesn't allow me to.

“Don’t worry I felt it too, I know we are not alone.” He pulls away and sits on the bench closest to us.

"Alessio this is not child's play get up and let's walk out of this park. There is a sniper and it seems like you are the target we can't reckless, he will pull the trigger at any moment." I warn keeping my eyes on the sniper and then on Alessandro.

"Where is he exactly located?" He asked through his laughter trying to act as if everything is fine.

"East side of the Ferris wheel." I interpreted, in between my laugh.

"Let's go then we will leave through the gate?" At this point, I wasn't worried about the police or the amusement park I just wanted to get out safe and sound.

Strolling casually we try to get to the gate before its too late.

Getting goosebumps I knew someone else was also following us aside from the sniper.

"We are being followed. " Alessandro nods, already knowing.

We reached the gate and Alessandro tries opening it.

POP...POP

"Fuck!" I cursed under my breath.

Alessandro takes his gun out  and shot the gates lock opening it.

Getting into the car Alessandro started driving at what seemed the speed of light.

"The guards will hold them back for some time but we should get away." He clarified.

So the guards were there all along.

"Aless I don't think we have enough time to get away from them?" I spoke looking through the watching mirror.

"What?"

"We are already being followed by what seems like four cars."

He curses at the whole process.

"Get to the back seats and lift the seat to the right there are a couple of guns bring two of them hurry."

Following his word I got into the back seats and lifted the seat, getting what he asked me for I returned to my seat.

"Now listen very closely, we will switch seats and you will drive while I try to at least slush their tires or kill a couple of them to get us more time."

I placed my hand on the steering wheel as we switched seats, feeling my ass in his face I was embarrassed but was not in the perfect circumstances to show it.

Opening the window beside him Alessandro started shooting so did the other cars.

"Damn it Lexi Drive faster." Stepping on the gas I drove faster.

Going between cars and trucks just to get away from them

"Aless!" I yelled

Aless sat down and stared at me.

"We have to get to the highway that way it's easier to lose them."

"You are the driver lex do what it takes to lose them ."

Hearing more gunshots Aless started shooting again.

The people must think we are lunatics because of how fast it am driving and yet being followed.

"We have more company Aless!"

The red and blue lights were following us. These cops never appear at the right time it's either they make the situation worse or are late to the party.

Screw this.

"Just keep moving forward and don't give a shit about what is happening behind you. Do what you have to do, Lexi." Alessandro yelled for me to hear.

And that's exactly what I will do to get us out of this shit hole.