𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓-61

A day ago I was tied to a chair unable to move, I was under the grip of my enemy and now I am very alive in the warm arms of my favourite man. I turn around to face a sleeping Alessandro, his features as peaceful as ever, Running my hand through his thick hair I can't help but remember last night...Oh God, My core tightens at the thought alone.

I am blessed and when I say blessed I mean in every way I could think of. I didn't think I will be able to see heaven after what I have done lately but last night Alessandro proceeded to amuse me and showed me another glimpse of heaven. Planting a kiss on his forehead I feel his hand snake around my waist. His eyes flutter open revealing my favourite shade of blue, "Goodmorning." I whispered my hand still in his hair, "Good morning, God you don't know how it feels to finally sleep and wake up without worrying about you not being by my side."He sighs, finally throwing away the heavy feeling from his chest. His lips meet the corner of my mouth."It's us against the world, You and I alone against this massive universe. I promise you that." I whisper.

"Did I tell you, I love you, so fucking much to the point I didn't know love could exceed." He mutters, his morning voice holding me in a chokehold. "I love you too, like a lot!" I break into laughter which soon follows by his, "Well I will make sure it always stays that way, Mio Amore." I lay my head on his bare chest feeling secure, he plants a kiss on my head.

"You know the day when I called that piece of shit." he pauses wanting to know if I understood who he was referring to, "Yes," I chuckle, "When he gave you the phone and I heard your voice sounding shaky. I could swear to you that was the moment I knew nothing in this world mattered to me as long as you were with me and at that moment you weren't in my arms everything was dark, and the wind turned off the only lit candle of my life. The world was fucking me up and when I tried to reach out and save you everything just vanished, the building turned to ashes, the clouds were dark and I lost it." He sucks in a deep breath before continuing, my fingers tracing his tattoos as I recalled that day, "I was dead, I died that day, my love, I was no longer the man you created but a man betrayed by life, and I felt guilty when I was unstable and weak, cause I felt like I was letting you down, and that for itself was a greater pain. I couldn't sleep I just closed my eyes but never dared to sleep, I spent hours in your closet worried that the clothes would lose their scents and I won't be able to smell a bit of your aroma, the day at your funeral Anthony and Sergio forced me to go, cause I didn't want to give into the reality that you were gone. But when I heard your voice I had two thoughts either I had completely gone crazy, or God thought I deserved a second chance."I look up at him noticing his heavy heart through his aquatic eyes, I place my lips on his, kissing him, "When I was tied to that chair at that old warehouse my mind was always revolving around you, cause I knew I left my heart in Italy with a man named Alessandro who I should return to, and I did. I found you unconsciously through my lost phone in the past, but now I will find you and return to you cause you are my home and you're who my soul aches for when I am far." Placing his forehead on mine he smiles lightly "I am so glad I helped you that day at the coffee shop, cause who would have thought that Ms English would be in my bed and the reason my heart beats." I smile before our lips meet again.

***

Walking down the stairs I make my way to the kitchen where I spot Aida and Anthony sitting and having breakfast, when Aida's eyes land on me she leaves her chair and begins running my way in her black home gown, "Aida, love, easy you're pregnant." Anthony gets up hurriedly worried about his wife, "Oh shut up." she instructs, standing in front of me, "Yes, ma'am." I can't help but smile at their relationship. Before I could react Aida pulls me into a hug, a hug not too tight but still enough to show her missing me and longing for me. "I am so sorry, this is all my fault, if I didn't ask you to come with me, or even opened that stupid text from Stepanov nothing would have been this way, you would have been safe, Alessandro wouldn't have gone through that much pain and misery, this is all my doing. You have all the right to stay mad at me and not forgive me but I just want you to know how sorry I am-"