𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓-23

Lexi

"The flight will be two hours and then we will arrive at Milan." we sat in our seats beside each other on the plane, "Well then since it's already 9:24 I will take a long nap cause something is telling me this will be a very long night boss." I uttered not missing Alessandro chuckle, "You've been slumbering all day, but you are still tired." I rolled my eyes playfully before mumbling,

"Well living with a crazy gang leader doesn't make life easy honey."

"Don't forget a hot crazy gang leader." I giggled at his enthusiasm, "Anyways back in the car I told you that I will tell you what the plan is," I smiled and glanced at him.

He certainly is a man of his words.

"We will meet Daniels mother and force her to get the Valentino's main household as a spy which will get us enough information cause I know she is still a part of them, then we will send two men to check the broad building where the ball will be held, we will position snipers over the building, and on the rooftops of the edifices encircling it, just to make sure none of the Valentinos nor the Cassano's makes it out alive." Bring them to the ground and blend them with the dirt, his main purpose of repeating that phrase was because he is going to end both the Valentino's and the Cassano's at once.

"Leave Melissa to me and deal with the others ." When I first came here I had a different idea about being the consigliere of the Hernandez gang but now when everything is in place it's very different and unique, I am changing my life track I chose him over my other plans which I do not regret, but ultimately we are nothing and there is no us, I do believe in love and just like how my father used to always remind me life without love is pathetic, I might not be able to show my love to him like others do but I sure can make my best friend, boss and the man I fancy proud and that is the main goal in this chapter of my vitality.

"I trust you, Lexi." He muttered in my ear, chills ran down my spine as I let out the puff I never knew I was holding.

"And I always will, regardless of the circumstances." He proceeded before backing away and acted like if nothing happened a millisecond ago.

Eyes closed, hair down his face beautifying his complexion like lilies in a pond so gentle and smooth, the hair strands fell on his face as he was asleep, Lips slightly parted and the voice of him breathing was like a symphony to my ears, his right was placed on the armrest while his other was on my thigh, my skin burned from his slightest touch. This man has the power of making me weak and that frightens me, yet he makes me strong how on earth is it possible that someone could be both your weakness and stability, I might not be the best fit for him but I sure know I will never do something that will shatter him, in fact I for sure know that his distress is mine.

Two years ago when I met him he was different, and when I say different I mean he was not this Alessandro rather another person who only had eyes for the mob, his eyes were only meant to see enemies and family if you were an outsider he wouldn't trust you.

The Revello coffee shop, I should be thankful that I went there on my third day of the Italy trip, 2 years ago when I came to Italy that coffee shop and my shitty Italian was the reason I met the Hernandez members.

"Mother you don't have to worry I will most likely be back in less than a month so don't worry after all I am here for my vacation ." The smile never tugged off my lips as I talked with my mother over the cellphone.

"Okay love you too, goodbye mother." I hung up and made my way towards the cosy-looking coffee shop.

The alleys of Rome occur to be so beautiful and fantasy-like, at the same time very modern and contemporary.

Opening the door of the coffee shop the sound of the bell replenished the shop, wooden floor, and brick walls decorated with different types of plants the ending of the shop was adorned with elegant bookshelves which were filled with nothing but books with very intriguing covers which would instantly catch the attention of anyone entering the coffee shop. The aroma of coffee had already refreshed the entire shop, my nostrils were filled with the smell yet could get enough of the home like smell. No one was in the store except for two lovely couples who sat near the brick wall.

"Ciao mio caro, benvenuto nella caffetteria del Revello, per favore, si prega di fare un posto dove ti piacciono." A woman in the age of my mother or older walked out from behind the counter.

I almost forgot this isn't England, "Ciao signorina,parli male Italiano ."

Hi miss, I am sorry I speak little Italian, that's what I thought I said but the look on her face changed into a frown...

"Questo bambino non ha affatto rispetto," she mumbled giving me looks.

"Signorina Revello è un estraneo, non importa."

My head turned towards the new voice that joined the conversation, a tall Italian man ordered over me with his hand in the pocket of his black jeans, his dazzling blueish grey eyes gleamed as he looked down at me and our eyes met.

He soon broke the eye contact and turned back to the owner, I was too lost in his eyes and beauty where I didn't notice I was gawking at him.

"What do you want?" I blinked away at the sound of his voice with the thick Italian accent.

"uh ah- an espresso." I made out before starting between the women and him, "okay, Due espresso per favore."

He grabbed my wrist and pulled me to the ending of the coffee shop and we sat near the bookshelves "Your Italian sucks." He spoke as he sat in front of me and leaned backwards.

"Thanks for the reminder." My response was dripping with sarcasm.

"What's your name?"

"Alexandra Miller, but call me Lexi, and you are?"

"Alessandro Hernandez, nice to meet you, Miss English." I scoff at the name "The pleasure is mind Mister Italian." My eyes couldn't miss the small smile that tugged on his face but was soon gone.