57

My veins were carrying the drug through my body, my head felt as if it was floating while my body was enjoying the euphoric taste of whatever they inserted into my body. The rush of adrenaline roamed my nerves, pulling against my tied hands My body ached for an escape. Pulling the rope around my waist I don't stop trying until I feel a burning sensation on my skin.

Pushing my head backwards I start fantasising about Alessandro, missing him is an understatement compared to what I feel right now. My soul is on fire, it's burning hotter than hell will ever burn.

Whatever Xavier was planning won't go the way he wanted, He thinks Alessandro won't cross the borders and cause a massacre, But that's where he fucked up. Alessandro fears no man not after losing his consigliere and love. I close my eyes uncomfortable I have adrenaline pumping through my veins but I can't move because I am tied to a fucking chair.

My head darts upward when the iron door opens, I scowl at the new soldier, his face was covered in a bandana which made his presence sceptical, he placed a tray of food on the floor before striding behind me and freeing my hands, weirdly I don't try to escape instead I stare at the floor. Pulling my arm he bounces his head towards the tray on the bottom. "Mangiare" He orders in Italian. I don't miss the clear Italian accent, he isn't Russian. I sit on the ground, "Sei Italiano?" I ask, he walks away but before leaving he answers, "Si." And once again I was left alone in the dirt.

I look down at the tray, not much was there except half a baguette and a cup of water. Picking up the baguette I inspect it before taking a bite, even though it wasn't much but not being given food for a while made the old baguette taste so good. Slowly devouring the food I take a bite but I stop midway when I feel something hard against my teeth, Ripping the piece apart I find a key.

My eyes turn to the door, this is the door key, I have seen this key on multiple guards. I stand up and run towards the door before I could put the key in the lock the door opens, I hide the key under my sleeve and step backwards. The same man that gave me the food enters closing the door behind him. Pulling my arm he pushes me towards the chair once again. I don't fight back cause something tells me that this whole thing is about to be over. He binds the rope around my hand but what's odd is that he doesn't tie it tightly as the others did, and I could easily set myself free.

His stern brown eyes meet mine before he leaves again locking the door behind him.

It's either Alessandro somehow found out I am alive and sent someone to help me escape, or this man is betraying the Russians and Xavier to be precise. Judging by the view from the small window it's close to sunset. Outside will get dark in approximately three hours and that's when I am going to escape from the shit hole.

Only three more hours to go.

And then it's revenge.

*************

It's pitch dark, pulling my hands out of the ties, I Stand up and pull the key out before grabbing a long piece of metal from the floor. I gradually open the door making sure it doesn't make any noises that will attract unwanted attention.

Attention is the last thing I want right now.

Pacing outside I close the door making sure it looks as if it was never opened, I have had enough time to observe the guards and their schedules during the night they don't check but first in the morning, they survey.

Sneaking out of the warehouse I see no sign of any guards or anyone around the place. Did they just leave me unguarded and without supervision, not very well trained?

No wonder they keep making terrible choices, I wonder who is the consigliere of this fucked up mob, cause they need a lot of help and whoever is in charge of that position needs to be fired cause he sucks.

Taking my chance I run as fast as I can from the warehouse. The drug which was given to me last night still had some leverage in my veins, the adrenaline rush from before pushed me further giving me the stamina to not stop midway.

When I realize I have made of far enough I slow down and walked down the road, all I could see was darkness the moon wasn't doing much help and the cold breeze wasn't doing me any good. I wasn't aware where I was going, I didn't even know where I was all I knew was that I was in Russia and God knows where that fucker had placed me.

Feeling a light behind me I turn around only to see from a distance a moving vehicle heading towards, "Shit, Shit." maxing my strength I begin sprinting, the only thing that made sense was that Xavier's men realized I was gone and were looking for me.

My legs were slowly losing their strength, and the metal I had in my hand kept slowing me down throwing the weapon away I ran with all my strength, I ran into the unfamiliar darkness, the light and sound of the vehicle kept getting closer.

But I didn't stop running, I ran for myself, for Alessandro, for Mateo, for Anthony and Aida I ran for my future which seemed very hard to reach. Tears fill my eyes when I remember my past and what I wanted for my future. I guess life enjoys pulling tricks on its players. But I wasn't going to give up, it's either life plays me or I set some new rules if it's so desperate to find players for its sick game.

I could hear the car's engine, I slow down when the car turns blocking my way, I turn to run in the other direction but another black van blocks my gateway.

Fuck me.

I am not going down that easily if they want to fight then I will show them what it takes to take Alexandra fucking Miller down.

The SUV's door opens and shock spreads over my face.

What the fuck.