36

Chapter 36: A Love Against The World
After following Ning Guang in with her eyes, Di Jiufeng walked towards the arena platform. She believed in Ning Guang and never doubted that she could win this competition.

Han Hai Pavilion was very large and had many transportation arrays. In a moment of inattention, Di Jiufeng took a wrong turn. When she exited the transportation array, she was in an ancient vine forest, interweaving branches and leaves blocking out most of the sunlight, only leaving wisps of broken gold, rich splendor leaping at her toes.

This forest had abundant spiritual energy, nearly coalescing into firefly points of light. After being inside for a while, Di Jiufeng felt her long-stationary cultivation move to climb. The spiritual energy was very rich, but still not as good as an experience pill. When she had the time, she would have to make the System take out another one.

This good a place was definitely the abode of one of the elders, and Di Jiufeng did not want to stay long.

She turned to walk back. Just when she was about to step into the transportation array, she heard a shout from behind her. “Wait up, wait up…”

Di Jiufeng turned to see a young man wearing green changpao run over. His face was very handsome, temperament gentle, like a piece of faultless fine jade from far away.

[T/N: 白璧无瑕 (bai2 bi4 wu2 xia2), ‘faultless white jade’, also means ‘flawless moral integrity’.]

This was a modest gentleman, but Di Jiufeng had no recollection of him.

They had never met before, why would he call out to her? Had she just done something wrong?

Di Jiufeng’s heart tightened, subconsciously preparing to run. But, before she could move, that man had already ran over.

“It’s you… it really is you… I thought I would never find you again.”

Qing Yu always remembered Di Jiufeng’s appearance. That face like a cotton rose, eyes like stars, flowing red robes floating through the air, just like a benevolent and compassionate lord of the phoenixes, allowing his nearly severed life to continue.

“Do you still remember me? That Bu Mie Ren at Mingxia Mountain.”

[T/N: 不灭忍 (bu4 mie4 ren3), lit. ‘enduring, not extinguished’.]

As Qing Yu spoke, he transformed his arm into a Bu Mie Ren plant, tender yellow petals like tassels coiling between leaves, swaying in the light wind, filling the air with cool fragrance.

Seeing this flower, Di Jiufeng realized. What Bu Mie Ren, such a scholarly term, wasn’t it that honeysuckle yao?

The honeysuckle at Mingxia Mountain?

Di Jiufeng thought back, it should have been half a month after she transmigrated. In order to find a way to return, she had visited all the mountains in the area around the Zhangjian Sect. She didn’t know which mountain was Mingxia Mountain, but honeysuckle flowers she did know. A tiny little blossom had been washed out of the soil by the rain, piteously lying on the ground, baked under the furious post-rain sun.