38

Chapter 38: Confession
She didn’t know where these feelings had come from, but before she was aware, they had grown into a roiling ocean. Di Jiufeng never knew she would like a woman, that she would even go stupid mad with love for her.

How did Ning Guang catch her interest?

For the most part, it was that warmth she had never before felt, deep and even more heavy than life itself. As soon as she dipped a toe in, there was no chance of her freeing herself again.

Ning Guang’s affection made her sink until she had no way to free herself, so much so that when there was the chance that this warmth could leave, she wanted to escape in terror. Her legs trembled like she would turn and run in the next second, but at this time, Ning Guang’s long and slender fingers caught her wrist. “Shifu, our consciences are clear. What do you have to fear?”

This resolute and confident voice made Di Jiufeng’s heart sink to the valley floor.

She already could not control her tremors, a bone-chilling cold spreading out from the pit of her stomach, freezing her blood, icing her breaths, and taking all her hopes with it, breaking into pieces with the thin ice.

She had a clear conscience, Ning Guang had a clear conscience, so everything was just her misunderstanding…

With this realization, Di Jiufeng was nearly unable to control her tears, but she could not cry. If she cried, wouldn’t she confess to that unspeakable secret? She had fanciful intentions in her heart, but Ning Guang did not. But Ning Guang was not wrong. In love, no one was wrong. Her far fancies dried in the wind and shattered, making her heart swirl with tearing pain.

She shook so fiercely it took up all the strength in her body. She could only hang her head, without the courage to lift it again.

If time could stop, Di Jiufeng only wished that this dark and meaningless life of hers could disappear into ash with the flow of time itself. This lamentable emotion had been ravaged by wind and frost before it could come to life, fallen into the mud.

Di Jiufeng was pained, heartbroken, but Ning Guang would not let her go.

She clamped down on Di Jiufeng’s wrist and said word by word, “I and my Shifu have never done any indecent things. I respect her, esteem her, love her, feel for her. Because I want it to be so, everything I do comes from my own heart. I declare that there is nothing unsightly here! You can not vilify my Shifu, and even more cannot slander my own true heart!”

Everyone thought Ning Guang was stressing their relationship as master and disciple, but only the Qing Yu and Ji Liuran standing within arm’s-length, and the Di Jiufeng lifting her head in a daze, could see the deep love burning into a blaze in her eyes.

Ning Guang was confessing to her in front of all these people, raising up her burning-hot true heart to her.

Di Jiufeng swung from great sorrow to great joy, cold and hot alternating on her body, her head buzzing. She could not regain her composure for a long time.