52

Chapter 52: Reincarnation Pill
Di Jiufeng pulled Ning Guang inside. The stone path split into two forks slowly winding down, two narrow and endless paths moving slowly apart until they disappeared into the darkness, like a ferocious beast lying in wait for a chance to explode into motion.

Under the cover of the luxuriant vegetation, only some pinpricks of light spilled across a square meter’s worth of space at the mouth of the tunnel.

Because they had dawdled for a bit, Di Jiufeng already could not see the two people who had gone on ahead. She hesitated for a bit, but before she could decide which path to take, Ning Guang took her hand and led her inside. “All the paths are the same, all the paths here lead to the same place, it’s a… a…”

The words rose to her lips, yet she could not speak them aloud. Ning Guang knew what it was, but just as she was about to speak, her head went blank. She paused, but could not continue.

The cave was dark, but not damp. An everlasting scent of blood wrapped around the two, seeping in through every pore.

Even as a cultivator with night vision, Di Jiufeng could not see anything in this cave. All that entered her eyes was an extremely thick layer of grey smoke and a bone-chilling cold.

––Cold to the extreme, and dark to the extreme. To make an ugly comparison, it was like a natural morgue. If a corpse was placed inside, it likely wouldn’t decay even after thousands of years.

Di Jiufeng shivered. Assailed by the stench of death, she felt a bit faint.

She couldn’t help but push Ning Guang, taking a faster pace forwards.

The tunnel was not long. After walking for half a cup of tea’s time, the view opened up before them. All the smoke stopped at the entrance of the tunnel, making this place seem like a panoramic view in comparison–– it was a stone room carved in the center of the cave, an orderly rectangular prism, four walls, a ceiling, and a floor, all carved out with a blade, smooth without a single protrusion.

This cave had the air of an outer coffin, but there were no coffins in this room. It was wide and empty, and other than the two women, there was only a stone tablet.

The green-clothed woman took out a matchstick and struck it on the ground. In an instant, eight fiery dragons burned from the stone tablet to the walls.

The cave lit up in an instant, every corner ilLuminated bright and clear.

Di Jiufeng finally saw what was in the wall. Eyes wide in fright, she staggered backwards a step!

As a modern person, Di Jiufeng’s life had always been tranquil and calm, she had never seen a dead person before. Even after transmigrating into a novel, she had never seen death on a large scale, not to mention such sinister and terrifying corpses.

She was wondering why this stone cave was so cold. Turns out that it was not stone at all, but never-melting dark ice.

And in these four walls of ice, the only adornment was these sinister giant corpses, twisted into contorted poses.