43

Chapter 43: The Future
Because she had not had time to stabilize her cultivation after her breakthrough and was even struck by Ming Cang’s oppressive aura, Di Jiufeng was in a mess of a state. Her spiritual powers were exhausted, nascent soul dispirited, even her dantian showed some faint signs of dispersal. After failing to discover any hidden wounds, Di Jiufeng began to meditate.

Because she was worried about her disciple, all alone in the Pure-Heart Precipice, Di Jiufeng did not plan to heal herself fully before she would go. But because her wounds really were too severe, by the time her dantian had recovered, her nascent soul had been reborn, and half her spiritual energy had been restored, a month had already passed.

Her eyes flying open, Di Jiufeng did not delay. She sent her spiritual energy into Shen City right away.

This was what she had discovered while dealing with those elders. As long as she envisioned some place in her mind, Shen City could take her there.

Closing her eyes, she envisioned Ning Guang’s face. Pouring out the strength of her longing, Shen City glowed with light.

Using Shen City, Di Jiufeng went straight into the Pure-Heart Precipice’s prison cell. Ning Guang was sat cross-legged in the corner, all the demonic energy in the surrounding air massing around her, roiling with bared fangs and brandished claws. Whether she wanted it or not, after the ancient witch’s original power awakened, demonic energy would automatically pour into her body. She did not even need to cultivate, and her demonic cultivation would still grow at a steady rate.

To Ning Guang, this should be a good thing, but she was not a bit happy.

Fear followed like a shadow after the shape. Qing Yu’s words were like a maggot in the foot, kissing at bone. It was always in the back of her mind that strong demonic energy would erode Di Jiufeng’s life force, until she became no more than a beautiful corpse.

Ning Guang was lost in thought, and did not discover that a person had appeared behind her.

When Di Jiufeng walked over to her and called her softly, Ning Guang finally came back to her senses with a start. She hurriedly retracted her demonic energy and looked at Di Jiufeng, flustered and anxious like she was caught red-handed, knowing that attempting to hide it would only make it worse.

“Shi, Shifu… where did you… no, you have Shen City.” After a brief flash of panic, her held breath slowly recovered.

Di Jiufeng did not know what she was panicking about, and asked in a bewildered tone, “Ning Guang, what were you doing? Why so alarmed?”

Ning Guang had already gotten her emotions under control and said calmly, “I am cultivating the demonic path, Shifu, you know this. Other than you, no one in this world would allow me to cultivate the demonic path.”

There was nothing wrong with Ning Guang’s words. Di Jiufeng thought, and did not suspect further.

Ning Guang, seeing her decline to pursue the subject, let out a held breath. She did not want to kill her Shifu, but did not want to leave her either. This warmth was not easy to come by, it was a unique thing she could exhaust the rest of her life seeking for and fail to find. She was already on the edge of falling into the endless abyss. If she let go of this singular chance at redemption, the only thing awaiting her would be eternal damnation.