42

Chapter 42: Identity Exposed
Qing Yu did not know Ning Guang well. Other than that gaze full of bloodlust, his only impression of her was that exceedingly strong possessiveness. As a plant yao that adored moderation, he did not like this sort of fierce and aggressive person, but because of Di Jiufeng, he still thought Ning Guang ought to be a good person.

Like that saying, ‘love the house, love its crow’?

He thought as he walked, and not long after, Qing Yu arrived at the gate. Before anyone discovered his whereabouts, he walked to a remote little path in the sect and transformed into a honeysuckle flower. Because he returned to his small original form and mixed in with the grasses, even if he blatantly ran beneath the feet of his comrades, no one would discover his presence.

Like this, he darted all the way to the Pure-Heart Precipice. Using his coiled petals to cling to the mountain stone, Qing Yu crawled up to the peak.

This was a place to imprison criminals, so the Pure-Heart Precipice was covered by a spiritual energy suppressing array. In this desolate precipice, there was nothing but wind-dried stone and aged white bone. Frigid wind swept past, making the precipice sound with mournful howls.

This was a place of death with no signs of habitation, no chance of life. Other than the most vicious and cruel, none would be imprisoned in this sort of place.

This little girl Ning Guang, though her malicious energy was a bit strong, could not yet be categorized as such. To torture her like this, the Sect Leader really was a bit too petty.

Qing Yu sighed. He used yao energy to disperse the cold from his body, then stepped inside. After ten or so meters, a vertical hole appeared before him. There was no other path around, and other than this place, Qing Yu could not find anywhere else Ning Guang could have been imprisoned.

Using yao energy to leap down, he did not know how long he fell before he touched onto solid ground.

It was a cramped little path, fierce-looking shark lanterns placed to both sides, dim firelight burning into the depths, just like the road to the yellow springs on which a convict would be sent to their grave. It was an oppressive place, and there was heavy yin energy lingering all around. Even with yao energy to protect himself, Qing Yu could not help but shiver.

He didn’t dare stay long, quickening his steps forward. When he turned the last corner, Qing Yu stared in shock!

“You, you, you…”

At the end of the road was a prison cell constructed from spiritual-suppressing stone. Corpses piled into mountains and a nauseating stench gnawed away at the prisoner’s life like maggots in the sole of the foot.

But, Qing Yu did not mind all this. He stared at the Ning Guang in the cell, wrapped in the middle of a storm of resentful ghosts, and it was like lightning struck down on him, chopping him in two halves.

Qing Yu was speechless in shock, failing to notice the Chan Buddhist female cultivator standing in the shadows cast by the candlelight.