40

Chapter 40: Discovered
The effect of the experience pill made Di Jiufeng leap up to the peak of Middle-Stage Deity Transformation. She felt that if she pushed a bit, breaking through into Late-Stage Deity Transformation would not be out of the question, but right now, she had other things to do.

These old boors were intolerable bullies. If she kept swallowing her tongue and giving way, maybe even Ning Guang would be lost here.

She pushed Ning Guang behind her with one arm, then stabbed out with Hong Shang. This was a top-grade flying sword, and connected to Di Jiufeng’s spirit, with her spiritual energy as support, the elders on the platform only saw a flash before their eyes before they were awash in a sea of red peach flowers.

Gentle peaches in their luminous splendor burned as far as the eye could see. Cloying perfume filled every orifice, confusing the mind.

The elders were in the middle of the sea of flowers. They felt a cool wind brush their faces, peach blossom petals fluttering down, glowing with a faint cold light under the bright sun.

The elders trying to grab them suddenly stopped, and in the next second, bloody mouths simultaneously opened on all their bodies.

The grand Han Hai Pavilion elders had been stunned by this little viper, just like that! The Sect Leader’s face darkened. He slapped a hand on his leg, the thunderous sound rolling towards the arena platform. “Put your hearts into it! The sword cultivators of my Han Hai Pavilion are absolutely no weaker than others!” This fierce shout exploded by the elders’ ears, making their stunned minds suddenly awaken from the spell.

Their faces were very dark, each one clenching their teeth, glaring, furious, at Di Jiufeng.

“So impudent, first you destroy the Luan Feng sword, then you cause a ruckus on the arena, do you look down on our Han Hai Pavilion?”

“You are sword cultivators as well, how could you not know how important one’s flying sword is? You destroyed Luan Feng, do you mean to keep Sui Ying’s sword cultivation from ever advancing another inch?!”

“So young, yet so vicious! If we do not teach you a good lesson today, I’m afraid you might destroy the cultivation world in the future!” Before their words had fallen, the four gathered their oppressive auras into a net, smashing down towards the two.

Though Di Jiufeng’s cultivation was a bit higher than theirs and she could fight one on many, she still was not a match for them.

She humphed, then turned to look at Ning Guang. Her face was still bone-pale, spiritual energy drained. Though the blood flowing from her palm had stopped, there was still a red patch dyed into the mouth of her sleeve. “Ning Guang, you have suffered, I will get justice for you.” Di Jiufeng furrowed her brow, pity flowing through her eyes.

Under her gaze, Ning Guang felt like she had been bathed in honey.

She was entirely in love, but could not bear to have her Shifu face these howling winds and torrential rains. She looked at her with lowered eyes and spoke, sincere and confident, “Shifu, I swear, from now on, I will never let you worry again. I will protect you, no matter what, I will never let you carry the burden.” The time was not right, and the location was not right either, but this affection more dazzling than the bright sun of the nine heavens and the ten lands washed out the severity of the arena platform by quite a bit.