45

Chapter 45: Bone-Casting Branch
The malicious energies were strong in the lost treasure lands. If anyone with a skeletal age exceeding one hundred years entered, the malicious energies would corrupt them and produce heart demons.

Di Jiufeng looked young, but she was already a cultivator of skeletal age two hundred years. If she entered the lost treasure lands, she would be plagued by heart demons and struggle to move an inch. Di Jiufeng should not enter, but she really couldn’t help but worry about Ning Guang. So after hearing that there was a Bone-Casting Branch that could change one’s skeletal age, Di Jiufeng decided to go find it without a second thought.

She asked Qing Yu, “Since you know of the Bone-Casting Branch’s existence, do you know where to find it?”

Qing Yu nodded his tender yellow pistils, curled petals clinging tight to Di Jiufeng’s hem, hiding his small body. “I know the Bone-Casting Branch is located on an island called Gui Hun. As for its exact location, we can search after we get to the island. I am a plant yao, I am sensitive to other plants. As long as the Bone-Casting Branch is on the island, I can find it for you.”

As Qing Yu said, their first task was to find a way to get to Gui Hun island.

It was a floating island in the Eastern sea. To get there, one must depart from the Zezhou county of the Eastern region.

Because they had to go to sea, it would be a long journey. So, they did not delay. After a brief rest, they took Shen City to Zezhou.

Unlike the interior, Zezhou was a small seaside village. Upon stepping into the village, a salty and bitter sea wind crept into one’s nose, and the unique scent of the sea permeated every corner of the village. The people walking back and forth were mostly fishermen carrying baskets in their hands, nets on their backs.

In the real world, Di Jiufeng had lived by the sea. Coming to this little village felt a bit like going home.

She grew lively, a smile impossible to hide coloring her brows and the corners of her eyes. “Ning Guang, do you like the sea? Let me tell you, living by the sea is very interesting, you can eat all sorts of seafood and you can go wading on the beach, and using sand mixed with sea water, you can build very pretty little castles…”

Just like a child, impatient to show off the things she loved to the person she liked.

Di Jiufeng chattered on for a while, and when she finished, she looked up at Ning Guang. Her eyes were full of joy, bright pupils as dazzling as the sky filled with the glory of dawn. “Ning Guang, do you like the sea?” She caught Ning Guang’s finger and swung it back and forth, her gaze full of expectation like a child asking for candy.

Ning Guang let a smile slip onto her mouth. Lowering her face, her expression was as gentle as the spring breeze. “If you like it, I like it too. A-Feng, I like everything about you.”

The salty sea breeze swept over from far away, tangling their dark hair together as one.

Under Ning Guang’s gaze, Di Jiufeng felt her heart beat harder and harder, her breath quicken, peach-red creeping up her cheeks. “I also, I also… of course I like you too…” Di Jiufeng muttered quietly, and before she finished, lowered her head, her face red.