39

39: Spirit Dispersed
As the first pair of contestants to take the stage, and a face off against Han Hai Pavilion’s most outstanding disciple, nearly everyone gathered to watch this match.

The crowd around the platform was several layers think and all the seating mats were full. Ning Guang looked over and saw that Shifu had been squeezed into a little corner on the very edge. She craned her neck as much as she could to see eyes like water looking softly at her, melting her very heart like the warm sun of spring days.

Ning Guang subconsciously walked forward a step. But, just then, the clock began to chime. At the same time, Sui Ying drew Luan Feng, one sword manifesting ten million sword glares, locking up the arena platform without a single leak.

To avoid missing the time limit, Sui Ying let loose her strongest attack right off the bat.

The phoenix spirit swept towards Ning Guang with the sword glares, its clear cries echoing into the heavens.

Sui Ying’s sword cultivation was the strongest among those of her level. As soon as she used this technique, everyone around the arena platform sighed in surprise and admiration.

The Sect Leader of Tiandao Sect saluted the Han Hai Pavilion Sect Leader, expression carrying hints of flattery difficult to detect. “Congratulations, congratulations, this youth will likely be known across the whole land in the future. Han Hai Pavilion has obtained a good disciple!”

The Sect Leader stroked his beard. He swept his gaze over Ji Xian out of the corner of his eye, then smiled modestly. “It’s nothing, it’s nothing, Sui Ying still has much to learn. She is still young. She first obtained the Luan Feng sword, then broke through to Nascent Soul Grand Completion, I only fear that she has grown arrogant and it will obstruct her future progress.” The Sect Leader appeared to be refusing the praise, but that satisfied look made Ji Xian clench his teeth.

How much a heaven-sent talent could benefit a certain side, it was obvious without a thought.

His Ji Family was the largest, but no peerless talents had appeared among the youth for many years in a row, it really made him worry. A powerless next generation was something which could not happen, especially after his old adversary had gained a genius. Ji Xian gave him a couple of laughs, but his eyes moved to the arena platform.

This Sui Ying really was irritating to look at. If he could eliminate her, that would be best. Unfortunately, Han Hai Pavilion held her as their treasure, and acting against her was not easy. Then, the only thing to do was pour fresh blood into the Ji Family.

Ji Xian turned his eyes to Ning Guang. This was someone who could match up against Kong Chen, yet her skeletal age was really and truly only fifteen.

A genius like this, no matter devil or witch, he absolutely could not let her go.

So, Ji Xian motioned to his unexpecting daughter. When she walked over to him, he patted her head and said, “Your taste is quite good, daddy will think of a way to assist you.” Saying this, he suddenly saw Ning Guang stumble. She raised her hand, but her spiritual energy dissolved in the air before it could gather in her palm.