83

Chapter 83: Interrogation
The flower bud was open halfway, and irritated by the fresh blood, it began to sway from side to side. Lin Yunyou fell into the water, but the blood which had splashed onto the bud silently melted inside.

Perhaps because it was irritated by the blood, the half-open flower bud furled open in a flash. Di Jiufeng was lying inside, a still-vacant expression on her face.

She pushed herself up into a seated position. Before her eyes could regain their focus, Ning Guang had already flown over and taken her into her embrace. “A-Feng, how are you? Does it feel uncomfortable anywhere?”

Di Jiufeng woke up a bit after being taken into that warm embrace. She attempted to activate her spiritual energy, only to find that aside from the majestic ocean of demonic energy surging through her, there was not a single impurity. “Ning Guang, I, I’m alright!” Then, she thought of something, and turned to look at the purple-clothed woman who was currently fighting with Qing Yu.

Like she had read her mind, Gu Yunlu turned to look at her at the same time.

Their eyes met, and Di Jiufeng nodded almost imperceptibly.

Seeing her look, Gu Yunlu curbed her overflowing bloodlust a bit and pulled back her offensive, trading attack for defense and retreating step by step.

Gu Yunlu wanted to escape, but not only was Di Jiufeng not worried, she even turned away and looked at Ning Guang. “I’m alright. We won’t need to worry about being separated ever again, I can stay with you forever!”

Ning Guang stroked her face, like she had not noticed her sideways glances. “Then, let’s go back home.” Just as she finished, she thought of something, and looked down at the pond. Lin Yunyou laid in the bottom of the limpid pond like she was dead, scarlet blood blossoming through the water, before slowly melting in.

“Annoying.” Ning Guang pulled out a hemp rope from somewhere, filled it with ghostly energy, then shot it into the lake, tugging Lin Yunyou to the surface.

She had no time to spare for Gu Yunlu, or perhaps she didn’t want to spare the time. Either way, after she pulled Lin Yunyou to the surface, she tossed her unconscious body right into the battlefield. The two combatants stepped back in unison. In the moment it gave her, Gu Yunlu tapped her foot on the ground and swept away just as she had arrived.

“Don’t chase her, let’s go back. Find a way to make this one start moving.” She pointed at Lin Yunyou and spoke.

Qing Yu stared at her, stupefied, and said in disbelief, “Do you think I’m a god? Make her start moving?” Though that was what she said, she still moved to crouch at Lin Yunyou’s side and started to inspect her body. At first, Qing Yu still looked normal, but her expression grew stranger and stranger, her brows knit tight together, her face full of confusion.

“Her soul is so strange. It looks whole, but also like it’s missing something. And, her aura is a bit similar to the one I was just fighting. No no no, not similar, it’s practically the same!”

Ning Guang ignored her, not even looking at her bright eyes pleading for an answer, and said coldly, “Let’s go back, you’ll know when we get back.”