44

Chapter 44: Dragon in Shallow Water
As a plant yao, Qing Yu was always placid of temperament, but thinking of the information he had just discovered, he could not calm himself at all.

Sure enough, they were doomed, there was no right choice! He had hidden it so well, who knew Ming Cang would choose to enlighten Sui Ying at this crucial moment!

Qing Yu shook his head, and hurriedly pulled out the key. His hands trembled uncontrollably in anxiety.

The keyhole was not large, and he had to try many times before he could unlock the door. As soon as he opened the jail cell, he dragged the two outside and ran. “Hurry up and go! When Ming Cang was enlightening her, he saw Sui Ying’s altered memories, he knows that Ning Guang cultivates the demonic path. He’s already convened all the elders in the sect, they’re hastening here right this moment.”

A chaos of footsteps and the wind raised in their haste pulled green hems into a flustered arc.

He thought only of getting the two out, and had not yet had the time to wonder how Di Jiufeng had appeared in this prison without going through the door.

“Ming Cang wants to take Ning Guang’s life. After you leave, do not let him find you. Though the two of you together have a chance of defeating him, if you can not take his life in one blow, the pursuit to follow will give you hell. You are still young, don’t sacrifice yourselves to vent a temporary anger. Cultivate well, and perhaps in time…”

“Quick! Change back to your original shape!”

Di Jiufeng’s strict shout suddenly sounded by his ear. Qing Yu automatically did as he was told. Just when he turned back into a honeysuckle flower, the air where he was just standing was swept through by a strike of wind.

This palm strike like a furious dragon swept across the place where his body was in a split second. A sharp crack, along with the crash of the wall collapsing, exploded through everyone’s eardrums.

“Sinner, you have nowhere to run!”

Ming Cang rushed in, carving out a narrow path through the roiling smoke and dust. His five fingers in a claw, he struck at the three with enough power to destroy the heavens and earth.

He was a peak expert at Early-Stage Great Ascension. Though he was only a tier higher than Di Jiufeng, because he had realized the Heavenly Way, every strike held the power of the Heavenly Way. When this claw chopped down, Di Jiufeng felt as if time had frozen around her. She wanted to draw her sword, but she moved so slowly that by the time that claw touched her scalp, she had not even reached a defensive position.

Colossal power hit her full in the face, like a basin full of icy water had frozen Di Jiufeng’s very bones!

She let out a groan, like she had already seen the end result, blood splattered meters away.

She thought she would not survive, but just then, a pale hand struck Ming Cang’s fist.

Before the power of that claw, Ning Guang was not afraid. She cared only about Di Jiufeng. Seeing her furrow her brow in pain, Ning Guang could think of nothing else. Even if she exposed her demonic cultivation, there was no point in hiding it anymore. She might as well let it out and gather it into a malicious spirit, howling to take a bite out of Ming Cang.