75

Chapter 75: The Future
“How is it going, can you find his exact location?”

Because operating the Soul-Finding Array required a lot of spiritual energy, the four of them had taken turns tracking the monk’s location. Right now, it was Qing Yu’s turn. She poured spiritual energy into the array, carefully searching for the core’s position as they had before. Unfortunately, the ripple of ghostly energy which could be found within a moment just a bit earlier had disappeared like a stone cast into the sea, unable to be found.

“No, we may have been discovered, and the monk may have hidden the core.” Qing Yu tried for a long time, until sweat began to seep from her forehead, before she slowly recalled her powers. “I can confirm that it is still on this mountain, but it will require a careful search to find its exact location. Should we split up?”

The mountain range before them was not small. If they stayed together, they might not be able to cover all of it without spending five or six days’ time.

By that time, the core would already have been purified, and they would never get a chance to steal it back.

But splitting up was a bit more dangerous. Reasonably speaking, they shouldn’t walk into such an obvious trap.

Because it was Ning Guang’s core, it seemed improper to make others walk into danger. Di Jiufeng thought, then said, “He has clearly done something to this mountain. If we all go, we might be walking straight into his trap. What if I and Ning Guang enter the mountain range and you two stay outside to provide support? If something happens, it will be easier for you to find help.”

Qing Yu shook her head and said, “We can have Lin Hao stay outside alone to provide support, I will go with you. This mountain is so large, how long will it take the two of you to search it? Let’s go, don’t dally.”

Qing Yu saw them as friends. She would even be willing to hand over her life for them.

She would not stay outside and wait, and she was not afraid of the approaching danger.

Di Jiufeng did not stop her. It was not needed between true friends. Qing Yu knew what she was doing, she just needed to trust her.

[T/N: 真心相交的人, ‘people who interact with their true hearts’.]

“Alright, let’s split up after we enter the mountain range. Whoever finds it first, say something, don’t rush ahead to steal it from the monk. Wait until everyone is together to act.”

Lin Hao stepped forwards and said, “I also want to go, I…”

“Don’t be so eager to join in on the fun, you’re a ghost.” Di Jiufeng didn’t say any more, but she knew Lin Hao would understand. He was a ghost, and going up against a Buddhist cultivator well-versed in catching ghosts, he would be a hindrance rather than a help. If he accidentally got captured by the monk, they would have to worry about negotiating his release. “Just keep guard, don’t let him get away.”

Di Jiufeng gave him another order before entering the mountain range with Ning Guang.