80

Chapter 80: Strange Woman
Qing Yu fisted her hands in Ning Guang’s collar, her teeth clenched. Because she was so agitated, even her face twisted into a mask of malice.

Di Jiufeng started, reaching out to try and pull them apart, but Ning Guang caught her hand and pushed her back towards the couch. Ning Guang was very calm, like the one being caught by the collar wasn’t her. “A-Feng, don’t interfere, I am in the wrong. She can even beat me up if she wants, but I…”

“But what! Since you know it’s not right, why are you still insisting?!” Qing Yu agitatedly interrupted her and took a step forward, slamming her into the frame of the bed.

With a bang, the gauze canopy over the bed began to sway.

Qing Yu grit her teeth and yelled quietly, “Ning Guang! Don’t you know what will happen if you do this?! You will… you’ll force her into eternal torment!”

“No, I just don’t want to let her go!” Having been slammed into a carved bed frame, her back sparked in anger, but Ning Guang only furrowed her brow. She did not struggle, like she was using the pain to numb her nerves. “I just don’t want to let her go, how could I force her into eternal torment!”

“Ah, do you even believe that yourself?!”

Like she thought it very funny how she was trying to deceive herself, Qing Yu scoffed, then slowly let go.

She looked at the disquieted Ning Guang, then at the confused Di Jiufeng, and her furious expression suddenly fell off her face. She rubbed her forehead and fell to a seat on the bed, letting out a listless sigh. “Ning Guang, you want to deceive her, but I cannot. Unless you take my life, I will let her know the truth today.”

Actually, now that they had said so much, it didn’t make a difference whether Ning Guang stopped her or not.

But she didn’t know how to say it. She muttered with a powerless bravado, “I am not deceiving her, how could I deceive her, I haven’t…” She was afraid to even look at Di Jiufeng, her head twisted away, hunching her back.

Di Jiufeng knew what they were talking about had something to do with her, but she didn’t know how. Seeing Ning Guang so listless, she suddenly didn’t want to know. She tugged on Ning Guang’s hand, stroking her palm lightly with her fingertips. “Forget it, I’m going to die anyway, what does it matter if I don’t know some things? You two, calm down.”

Qing Yu scoffed and looked out the corner of her eye at Ning Guang. “How does it not matter? Jiufeng, do you know what your good little disciple is trying to do?!

She wants to force you into eternal torment!”

Qing Yu said it outright, ignoring whether or not Ning Guang would try to stop her. “Did you know? You’re half-demon, so after you die, your soul will scatter. You’ll have no chance to reincarnate, and you cannot cultivate the ghostly path because your soul is currently scattering, it’s no longer whole.

The best ending for you is to live this month well, and then rest in peace.