77

Chapter 77
In order to maintain a harmonious home life, Ning Guang usually never refuted what Di Jiufeng said, but she couldn’t agree this time. After all, if she sounded too fake, she would only make Di Jiufeng unhappy. So, she stayed quiet in an abnormal show of obedience.

Ning Guang did not speak, and her brow stayed slightly creased, like she was thinking about something. Di Jiufeng looked at her for a while, subconsciously infected by her tension. She held her breath and asked quietly, “What, what are you thinking about?”

Ning Guang said, deadly earnest, “I was thinking about the future you talked about.”

Di Jiufeng paused, and her expression gradually grew serious. “En, it truly is very strange. I even wonder if it’s someone else pretending to be me.”

Ning Guang. “Perhaps it’s possible, it’s hard to say.”

She could think of thousands of possibilities for that scene off the top of her head, but unfortunately, there was no evidence to point her towards the correct answer. As they talked, they kept walking down, and before long, they saw Lin Hao pacing nervously back and forth at the foot of the mountain. Di Jiufeng stopped talking, and pulled Ning Guang over.

“You’re finally out.” Seeing the two of them, Lin Hao hurried over, an expression of relieved joy on his face.

Di Jiufeng smiled at him and asked, “And Qing Yu? Is she out?”

“Not yet.” Lin Hao shook his head.

Speaking of the devil, just when they were talking about Qing Yu, hurried footsteps sounded from behind them. Di Jiufeng turned to see Qing Yu hastily running down the mountain. “You came down so quickly! I ran into a maze array in the mountain, it took me so long to escape. I didn’t find that monk, what about you? Any results?”

Di Jiufeng looked at her in annoyance, raised an eyebrow, and said, “Of course, or else why would I have called you? Okay, let’s find a place to rest and reorganize, we can talk tomorrow.”

Because they were some distance from Tianyun City, Di Jiufeng and the others didn’t hurry back.

They found the closest village and found a family to host them for the night.

Night fell quickly. When everyone in the family had quieted down for the night, Di Jiufeng slipped out the door. Like they had read each other’s minds, as she pushed the door open, she saw Ning Guang step outside.

They did not say anything, only nodded at each other and closed their doors, walking outside in line.

On the way there, Di Jiufeng had paid attention to their surroundings. She knew that not far outside the village was a secluded little forest, that was Ning Guang’s objective as well. They walked away at a moderate speed. When they had left the village gates, Di Jiufeng hopped forwards and hugged Ning Guang’s arm. The moonlight was perfect, spilling over Ning Guang’s body like gleaming water, a thin layer of dazzling gauze draped over her body.