Chapter 28

Chapter 28

I dreamt about my brother. He was the same age he'd been when he died, while I was the age I am now, and it had felt so weird. I was taller than him. That was the thing I'd focus on during the dream. I was taller than Jay and it wasn't right.

That dream was better than the burning one, but it didn't make me feel good when I woke up either.

I checked my phone, but Lexi hadn't sent me any more texts in the middle of the night.

Tyler hadn't answered me either.

I hoped he was okay.

So, I got out of bed and headed downstairs. I ate in a hurry and went for a quick run to clear my head.

When I got back home, my mother caught me on my way to my room.

"Blake honey, I called at the clinic of your old therapist and they gave me a few openings, here are the dates," she said, handing me her agenda.

I looked quickly. There was one opening tonight. Otherwise, everything was in two weeks.

"How about tonight," I said. I was worried that if I waited two weeks, I'd change my mind, think it was silly for me to go see a shrink and never go.

It was easy to forget you needed help when you weren't feeling like shit at that specific moment.

Mom smiled. "You're sure?"

I nodded. "Yes."

"Alright, perfect, I'll call right away."

I smiled back at her, and then headed to my room to get ready for school.

When I got to school, after parking my car, I spotted Lexi quickly, chatting with Alex and Daphnee.

I headed their way. I didn't hear their conversation, but I think Lexi was not happy with what her friends were telling her, because she scowled and hurried inside.

I smiled at her angry face and quickened my pace to catch up with her.

It was nice to know that I wasn't the only one annoying her. Her friends could annoy her too.

"So, want to share the nice dream you had about me Pumpkin?" I teased Lexi, when she was just a few feet from me. It would have been nice to dream about her last night, instead of whatever that other weird dream of mine had been.

"Oh yeah, it went something like you tried to make a move on me, I kicked you in the balls and you wept in pain for the rest of the night while I laughed at you," she replied with a smirk.

Honestly? Probably a better dream than most of mine in general.

"Please, no need to hide it Pumpkin, you're obsessed with me," I answered, grinning.

"That's comes from Mister Twenty-Three text messages," she said, rolling her eyes.

"Twenty-three hilarious text messages," I corrected her, smiling.

"Stalker," she said, but she smiled back at me.

Yeah, as that had been agreed many times before, I was definitely that...

"Thanks," I said with a smirk, but then changed my tone, and looked over at her. She seemed okay, but I had to ask. "How are you doing Pumpkin?"

She shrugged a shoulder. "I'm alright, I mean, been better but... hey could you help me out with something?" she added, like an afterthought.