Chapter 74

Chapter 74

I was sitting on a rock, stretching my leg. I'd been running and caught my feet in a root, faceplanting automatically and hurting my pride and my knee in the process.

Luckily for me, Nicholas had been running in front, so he hadn't seen my epic fail, and no one was following us.

I still felt like an idiot.

Because I was an idiot.

"You okay?" Nico asked, standing beside me.

"Yeah, I'm fine, I just I tripped on a root," I explained.

My knee seemed fine.

I was distracted. When I'd left the camp, I'd seen Lexi sitting on the deck by the water, chatting and joking with Daphnee and Alexander.

I wasn't exactly mad or sad. I didn't know exactly what I was.

Doctor Boseman and I had talked about this, my sudden highs and lows.

It didn't make sense for me to feel this way because there was no reason for it.

There was no use in trying to rationalize my feelings.

All I could do was acknowledge them and get over them.

Maybe I needed medication. We'd talk about it a little. Maybe it was time to have a more serious talk about it. I managed as well as I could my changing moods, but maybe I could deal with them better if I had some more help.

But I also needed to not take everything so insanely personal. And I needed to stop being overdramatic.

I really had a lot of things to work on.

I got back on my feet and started to run again.

About half an hour later I was back at my camp to take a shower and change. After that I went to snoop around the deck, but Lexi was nowhere to be seen now.

I went to her camp, looking on the first communal floor, and then heading upstairs, to check in her room.

I came face to face with Emily. She laughed at me automatically for some reason, and then said, "She's not back yet," which basically gave me the reason why she was making fun of me.

I was the resident whipped boy.

"I assumed as much.," I admitted.

She was looking at me with a frown. "You okay?"

"People keep asking me that, I'm fine."

"You're making your worrying face," she explained, motioning to it.

"Don't worry about me," I assured her. My bad mood was just my pettiness really.

Lexi was probably out having fun with Alex.

And I just didn't think it was fair. He had his chance before. It was my turn now.

"Alright."

"You were enjoying the accommodations?" I asked her, trying to change the subject. She was heading to the bathroom, with towel in hands, and bath caddy.

"Yeah, I might slightly regret picking camping. It would have been nice if it wasn't raining all the time. Now I just feel the humidity in my bones," she explained, and kinda shuddered for effect.

I chuckled.

"It was kinda sunny today," I pointed out. The first nice day.

"I feel spiritually damp."