Chapter 46

Chapter 46

Lexi was sleeping on my lap.

Lexi Grayson, love of my life, main cast in all of my most inappropriate daydreams, imaginary mother of my children was sleeping on my lap.

I was still stroking her hair. She seemed better. The pills and bath must have helped.

I kept watching the movie, while Lexi breathed softly.

When the credits started to roll, I turned off the television, and debated about what I should do.

I wasn't about to leave. I could start another movie.

But I was also tired. And Lexi was sleeping.

And I thought about the tent again.

So, I moved Lexi carefully, and instead of having her head resting on her lap, I laid beside her, and had her head resting on my chest, her blanket over us.

I smiled contently, squeezed between my Pumpkin and a comfy couch.

Lexi moved a little on my chest, nuzzling my shirt, her hand gently grabbing at my shirt.

I shouldn't be making a big deal out of this, I shouldn't be making a big deal out of this. I SHOULDN'T BE MAKING A BIG DEAL OUT OF THIS.

I was making a big deal out of this.

But I was also not going to ruin this moment by freaking out.

I did kind of find it ironic though that one of my fondest memory with Lexi, and now this moment, both happened when Lexi was sleeping and had no idea what was going on.

I closed my eyes and fell asleep to the soft sound of her breathing.

I woke up later, feeling all warm and happy inside.

Lexi was still sleeping soundly, holding on to my shirt. I kept stroking her hair. I had her head tucked in under my chin.

I grabbed my phone and check the time. It was almost five in the afternoon.

I was thinking about what I should do for dinner, when I heard a car park in the driveway.

I got up, making sure that I wouldn't wake Lexi, and headed for the front door. I didn't want her brother or father to walk in the house and be loud and wake her up.

They were both kind of surprise when they walked through the door and came face to face with me.

"Blake?" Lexi's father said.

"Missed you too darling," Tyler added, smooshing his lips at me.

"Sorry, Lexi wasn't feeling good, she missed school, so I stayed with her to make sure she was okay. She's sleeping right now," I rambled, in a low voice to not disturb Lexi.

Michael narrowed his eyes. "Riiiiiiight..."

"I swear. Nothing happened," I added, raising my hand like I was actually swearing on something.

"Huh, huh," he just said, and headed for the living room, probably to check what was up. I followed him, Tyler beside me.

Michael looked at his daughter, a look of concern in his eyes.

"Should we get her up to her bedroom?" Tyler whispered.

"Let's not disturb her and let her sleep. She seems comfortable enough," his father answered and then looked at me. "Did you need to go back home? Did you want to stay for dinner?" he offered.

I didn't want to leave without saying goodbye to Lexi. I would have felt kind of weird.

But I also didn't want to intrude. He had asked me, so he shouldn't mind, right? "I could stay for dinner."