Chapter 32

Chapter 32

In my seven years of pitifully pinning for Lexi Grayson, I had let myself imagine what it would be like kissing her... well quite often.

I imagined this is how it would feel, right before kissing her, our lips breaths apart. So close. Her eyes the only thing I'd be seeing.

My heart was beating frantically in my chest.

And Lexi was still. Not. Pushing. Me. Away.

What was I supposed to do if she wasn't punching my senses back to my head?

I could lean down. Just a little. Press my lips to hers and—

Josh's voice broke the moment. "Kids, you almost knocked a vase o-"

His voice did what a punch from Lexi would have done and I realized how fucking stupid I was right now, thinking I actually had any kind of chances of kissing Lexi Grayson.

In on quick push, I was off of her, and back on my feet.

"Blake," Josh trailed, shaking his head a little, giving me a look that clearly conveyed he knew exactly what I had been thinking about seconds earlier.

"What?" I replied a little more sharply than I had intended. I ran a hand through my hair. Lexi was back on her feet beside me too.

What a complete moron I was.

Thinking I actually had a chance at kissing her right now.

Josh grinned at me. Oh this would be fan-fucking-tastic. "Nothing, I just wanted to mention you kids need to watch it next time you just can't keep your hands off of each other and feel the need to rush to the bedroom so fast."

"That's so not what was going on here," Lexi replied automatically before I could say anything.

Of course. It hadn't been. Lexi had no desire of making out with me.

"Whatever," Josh said, with a wave of his hand, and headed out, potentially not interested in the conversation anymore, but more probably leaving us alone again.

"Don't call me Pooky again," Lexi suddenly said and grabbed her bag that I had still been holding. I hadn't realized it.

My head was still in a daze.

I'd been so close to kissing her. So close.

Snap out of it Blake.

I smirked at my Pumpkin and said, "I'll call you however I want."

"Dumbass," she mumbled as a reply. No bodily harm though. I was impressed. Or maybe a little disappointed.

Really, really needed to talk with the therapist about this.

"Thanks," I replied with a grin, while Lexi just rolled her eyes at me. She did a lot of that too. "So, what are you doing tomorrow?" I asked.

Tell me you have no plans so I can snatch you up again and never let you go.

"Oh I'm going to go sell myself on the streets," she automatically answered, like this was the most obvious answer, "Why?"

"Well you know... lab report," I reminded her, chuckling at her antics, "but I guess we can always procrastinate if you need to go make money."

She had her life and her friends and she couldn't always indulge my many many serious issues.

I should leave her alone for the rest of the weekend.