Chapter 98

Chapter 98

I was worried again, on my way to my therapist.

I was quite aware of the rollercoaster I'd been on the last few weeks. I'd been a mess just a few days ago.

I had been ready to up and leave. I'd made quite the show during out last sessions because of it.

And now I was going to walk in there and say what? Oops? Sorry, just cross out everything that happened in the last couple of weeks? I was out of my mind? Everything is okay now?

I couldn't ignore what had happened before.

But I also ate breakfast with the Graysons this morning, like everything was back to normal. And if I closed my eyes, I could still feel Lexi's lips on me.

I didn't doubt that the fact that I was taking medication now definitely helped. It wasn't lost on me that maybe I wouldn't have been able to work things out with Lexi, had I not been medicated. I had needed all the help I could get.

So, things were better now. That meant to pills were working. I'd been able to think more rationally about things.

That much I could admit to myself.

But I felt kind of ashamed to admit all of that to Doctor Boseman.

But after all, he wasn't there to judge, he was there to help. So, I had to believe he would keep doing that.

Honestly though, I was mostly worried that he was going to tell me I shouldn't be with Lexi right now. Because if he told me that, I would probably have to agree with him. He was the external voice of reason after all.

And I didn't want him to tell me that. I didn't want anyone to tell me what was going on with Lexi right now was bad for any reason.

I was so so happy.

I didn't want that to change.

But I also understood that to be a healthy, balanced person, thing couldn't be as simple as they were now.

When I finally arrived at the clinic, and walked into Doctor Boseman's office, I just said "Hey," waving at him, and headed straight to my usual chair.

He was still sitting at his desk, and writing something down. "Hi," he replied, looking up, and then got up and came to sit in front of me. "So, how are you doing today?" he asked with a smile.

"Good. Better definitely," I said, not looking in his eyes.

"Everything still okay with the pills? Have you been feeling anything out of the ordinary? Anything at all?" he asked, like he had a checklist.

I nodded. "Still all good."

"That's great. So, you want to elaborate on the feeling better?"

Now or never, I guessed.

So I told him what had happened at my birthday, trying not to brush off anything, trying to be truthful as I could. I didn't want to downplay anything, or act like everything was fine and that I had no problem now that things had been fixed with Lexi.

I still had problems. Lexi just wasn't one of them anymore.

When I was done, Doctor Boseman looked at me with a smile. "You sounded a little worried there, telling me all of this."