Chapter 59

Chapter 59

I should have changed before going back to my car. Now I was wearing wet clothes while driving Lexi home. I wasn't complaining though. I just enjoyed sitting beside her like this.

The sun was going to rise soon, so the sky wasn't pitch black, and my Pumpkin was sitting beside me, snuggling in my hoodie like she was cold. She had her hands bundled up in the sleeves and I couldn't help smiling, glancing sideways at her.

She looked sleepy and adorable.

I stared at my hand that had been holding hers naturally just a few minutes ago.

Today really didn't feel real.

"You better sleep all day today," I suddenly told Lexi.

"What?" she chuckled.

"You look tired. You need to rest. The talent show is only at seven thirty, don't get up until you absolutely have to."

Lexi snorted. "That's precious coming from a guy that never sleeps."

"Hey, I've been known to sleep from time to time."

"Lies your Honor, LIES!" Lexi announced loudly, like she was in court.

I laughed, smiling at her.

"Anyway, you're all sleepy in the corner there, you really look like you need sleep, so do what I say and not what I do, and sleep all day."

"Have you ever slept all day?" she suddenly asked.

I thought about it for a second. "Huh, maybe when I was younger. I don't remember it though."

Lexi smirked a little. "You really do have a thing for Twilight. Edward can't sleep. Are you trying to stop sleeping so you can really become like him?"

Oh, two could definitely play that game. "Is Twilight your favourite book? You always talk about it. I think it's your favourite book. And your favourite movie. And you're in love with Edward so you're trying to turn me into him."

Lexi just rolled her eyes, unaffected. "Look who sounds like he needs sleep now."

"I'm right."

"I will smother you."

I winked at her. "And I won't stop you."

She chuckled, shaking her head. "I really can't ever win with you, can I?"

I smiled softly at her. "You win when it matters."

"Huh?"

Before I could expand on that particular subject, I parked in front of her house, and announced. "We're here!"

"Oh." She looked around, like she was completely caught off guard. "Well, thanks for today, it was actually really fun."

"It was."

"Alright, well, good night! Go to sleep too," she said, getting out of the car.

I looked at her, leaning my cheek against the steering wheel, a smile on my lips. "I will."

"Bye," she said and waved her hand a little at me.

I grinned more. God she was cute.

"Oh wait! Don't leave!" she suddenly said before I could drive away, and then sprinted in the house.

I just stared at her, confused.