Chapter 65

Chapter 65

"So, you got the best bunk bed?" Lexi was asking me, as I set down her cooler on the counter.

For all I knew, she'd been smiling at her cooler in my hands and not at me.

But I'd rather think she was smiling at me.

"No, instead I followed your brother wise idea and rubbed my ass in every other bunk beds," I replied.

Lexi rolled her eyes at me. It was a trademark response of hers to a lot of things I said.

"You shouldn't follow my brother advice, that's my advice," she added, and started to sort through the content of her cooler. 

I wanted her attention for just a little while longer, so I grabbed a chocolate bar from her stash, grinning mischievously at her. "So, you had fun walking?"

Lexi glared at me, automatically ripping the chocolate from my hands.

I pressed my lips together, not to laugh.

"Yes it was awesome, I just love getting wet," Lexi replied, in her slightly annoyed tone.

Oh. Did she think I was going to pass on this opportunity? She clearly didn't know me if she thought I wouldn't pick up on this.

"Yeah I know that," I replied with a grin, and got rewarded with Lexi rolling her eyes at me again.

"Are you going to make me food again Lexi? Did you bring stuff to make your awesome cookies?" Trevor asked her, coming out of nowhere, getting Lexi's attention and making her laugh.

Seriously? With the s'mores' thing again?

"I'm not your cook dude, plus with the rain it's going to be hard to make my cookies, but yes I did bring the stuff to make them," Lexi told him.

"As long as you make them, I'm a happy man," he replied.

"You're such a child Trev," his twin teased him.

I took this as my cue to leave. Lexi was busy having fun with them.

I headed to the pantry to check where the food the guys had gotten for me was.

Lexi was still chatting around and joking with the guys.

And I shouldn't be taking it personally, since I was the one that had went to hide in the pantry.

It would be good for me to stop feeling like a five-year-old child that couldn't share toys or friends.

I grabbed a pack of cookies I knew Mark had gotten for me, wanting some sugar and energy after my run.

Lexi suddenly appeared beside me in the pantry with her hands full of food.

"Stealing food Blakey-Boy?" she teased me, trying to sneak behind me to get to the back.

A dozen scenarios of me just pinning her to the wall making her drop the food in her hands passed through my head.

I blinked. Get your head out of the gutter Blake.

"I paid for it," I replied and grabbed a cookie, taking a bite out of it with a smirk.

Lexi shook her head a little, laughing at my antics.

I should not be pinning Lexi against a wall right now. Should not.

I should think about anything else. Something. Anything.

"Hey! You got coffee?" I suddenly asked her.

I wasn't seeing any on the shelf where my stuff was, and if I followed my usual sleep schedule lately, I would definitely be needing it.