Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Lexi wasn’t stupid. I think she realized pretty quickly that poking the bear wasn’t in her best interest. Of course, I found it amusing, but at the end of the day, I didn’t actually enjoy getting my face pushed into food.

            I couldn’t help the smugness in my smile because as much as I liked the girl, she hadn’t exactly helped herself. I wasn’t the kind of guy that believed that women were weaker than men, but I did believe that if I wanted to run after Lexi and grab her, I could do it quite easily. I was fast on my feet and taller and stronger than her. The only advantage she had on me was… well the fact that she was Lexi. She was a distraction herself.

Any kind of grabbing of her wasn’t in my best interest. I had barely been able to stay coherent all morning long because of a simple peek at her red bra. I couldn’t think about what would happen if I had her in my arms. So that was out of the question. The quickest option I could think of was to give her a taste of her own medicine. She’d probably see it coming though.

And then suddenly my attack was made up.

I grabbed spaghetti in one hand and my Gatorade in the other. She’d see the spaghetti coming, not the Gatorade. And maybe then I could get an even better look at that red bra of hers.

She reacted the way I had assumed—her attention went completely on the spaghetti and I managed to spill my drink all over her.

Her answering scream was almost deafening. “YOU ASSHOLE!”

I couldn’t help it, I laughed. She looked absolutely pissed. For once it wasn’t me.

Our little show down obviously brought attention and next thing I knew, Clark jumped on the table, yelling, “WET T-SHIRT!”

That was enough to turn pretty much every head in the cafeteria—not Clark’s brightest move to be honest. And it wasn’t even a good wet t-shirt. She was cheating because she was wearing a bra, and even if her shirt was drenched now, it wasn’t see through. It just clung to her thin little waist beautifully—I wasn’t going to complain.

Luckily for me, Clark antic brought Lexi’s rage away from me. “Oh you want a wet t-shirt?” she asked him. I kept laughing because Clark was in trouble. She was already shaking a can of soda and her intent was kind of obvious—her target too.

Clark looked alarmed and raised his hands in defence. “Whoa, whoa, whoa! Easy girl!”

“You asked for it babe,” she told him ready to pop the lid.

This day was just getting better and better. I might have been friends with Clark but he often got on my nerves. He enjoyed spreading rumors about me and my so called conquest. Half of my reputation as a player probably came from his little fantasy stories. The guys was waaaay too obsessed with my sex life. It was slightly disturbing.

Clark was pleading now. “Be reasonable! Eaton’s the one who spilled the Gatorade.”

Lexi smiled sweetly at him and for a second I think he actually believed he had talked himself out of it, by mentioning me, but he was oh so wrong. That sweet smile of hers only meant trouble. “Don’t worry, he’ll get his punishment soon enough,” she told him and I tried not to worry. “For now I’m just giving you what you want—a wet t-shirt.” And just like that she pulled the lid on the can and soda completely drenched Clark.  

I wasn’t the only one laughing now. The sight was quite a funny one—it was impressive that a little can could hold so much liquid.

At this point, pretty much everyone started to make comments, mostly about Clark luscious boobies and for a second I think Lexi sort of lost it because she was laughing hysterically beside me.