Chapter 71: Mirio; The Shining Hero

Christina clenched her fist hearing running behind her, in that moment she finally decided to act on her anger. She disappeared from her spot before she was suddenly behind Overhaul. She kicked him in the spine knocking him off balance. Using that to her advantage she grabbed Eri holding her close almost like a mother would. She looked down at the little girl a comforting smile on her face.

"It's ok now" she said in a soft, gentle voice. The girl looked up at her shocked as she stepped away from Overhaul.

"Do you intend to betray me" the masked male asked angrily. Christina laughed still holding Eri close.

"I never planned to work with you in the first place, someone like you who uses a child for their own selfish reasons should be killed" she said bitterly as she sat Eri down behind her. Christina looked behind her to see a blond hero approach. He stopped in his tracks as her green eyes looked at his blue ones.

"Why?" he asked, she tilted her head to the side. She turned her body towards him putting a hand on Eri's head gently.

"Why would a villain save somebody?" Mirio asked.

"Do you think I'm that heartless" she questioned.

"I couldn't just let a child get hurt, she reminds me of myself" Christina admitted a sad look in her eyes.

"I would kill you but right now we have a common enemy so I'll leave you be for now" she said.

"What?" Mirio asked quietluy. The brunette shrugged her shoulders,

"you wouldn't be interested in a villain's life story" she stated, one of Kurogiri's portals appeared as she made a move towards it.

"Mirio-kun" she addressed the boy, he looked at her as if waiting for her to attack. As she stepped through the portal she looked towards Eri one last time. She closed her eyes the painful flashbacks of her own childhood coming back to her. She opened them again any trace of a smile gone from her face.

"Beat Overhaul, and save Eri" she said stepping through.

"But remember if we ever cross paths again I won't be so friendly" she then disappeared the portal closing as Overhaul let out an angry yell.

"You're back soon" Shigaraki said, Christina sighed.

"I couldn't stand being around that man any longer" she said.

"Besides it's more humiliating if he's defeated by heros. I plan to get my revenge later" she smiled. But, she was shaking, her confidence seemed to waver. Finally she fell to her knees, tears started to roll down her face.

"Overhaul" she said his name with hate in her voice.

"Now I know why he reminds me so much of my father" she said quietly.

"They're exactly the same" she raised her voice before breaking down. Shigaraki looked down at her before hugging her as she buried her head in his shoulder.

"Promise me" she mumbled,

"Promise me that I'll be the one to take him down" she looked at the blue haired male. He nodded reassuring her.