Chapter 100: Shigaraki's awakening

A dull pain throbbed through Christina's body, causing her to wince. Though the wound Hawks had caused had stopped bleeding, it still hadn't completely healed. The young girl gritted her teeth, frustration coursing through her body. She remained in Mr. Compreses's arms as the male carried her, her hair hung low as she stared up at the sky, thinking to herself.

"Is this it, is this the end?" She asked herself, tears welling up in her eyes. Had All For One's dream really been crushed so easily? A single tear slid down her face when she suddenly remembered something. 

"Shigaraki!" She told herself, he was still with the doctor, surely there was still hope. She hated that she doubted him, he wouldn't be defeated so easily. With newfound hope (Y/N) hopped out of Mr. Comprese's arms, her wound healing in an instant. Both he and Toga looked at her with both confused and worried looks on their faces. 

"Where are you going?" The blond villain asked, worried for her friend's safety. Christina gave them both a confident smile, she wouldn't let herself be killed, she still had a purpose to fulfill. 

"I'm going to find Shigaraki, just go I'll be fine!" The brunette yelled over all of the chaos that was taking place. It looked like an all-out war between the heroes and villains. Christina created a portal in front of her, jumping into it without another thought, it closed again leaving no sign that the girl had been there. On the other side of the portal Christina reappeared in the heart of the lab where Shigaraki was being kept, her eyes went wide as soon as she saw the state of it. The doctor was nowhere to be seen and most of the machines within were shattered to pieces. Broken glass lay scattered across the floor and a shallow puddle of something covered the ground. That's when the girl's green eyes landed on a sight she feared, something she could only think of in a nightmare. The tank Shigarki had been suspended in was completely shattered, its contents spilled onto the floor below. Shigaraki himself lay motionless on in front of it, eyes closed. His now snow-white hair was sprawled across the ground. Christina felt her world stop at that moment as if she had died in that instant. She could feel her heart start to race as she tried her best not to cry, and that's when she spotted a hero kneeling next to the unconscious male. 

The sight filled her with rage and she finally moved again. Christina ran towards the hero, grabbing him by the arm. With far more strength than most people of her stature, she threw the man across the room. His eyes went wide as he flew through the air before making contact with the far wall. He let out a cry of pain as he slid down, trying to catch his breath. Christina then turned her attention to Shigaraki as she kneeled down next to him. 

"Shigaraki?" She called out, getting no response. This only caused her to panic more. The teen grabbed onto Shigaraki's shoulders as she began to shake him, hoping he would open his eyes.

"Shigaraki, you have to wake up. Everything's a mess. We need you" she pleaded, yet there was nothing. A heavy silence filled the room as Christina stared down at Shigaraki's motionless form, tears welling up in her eyes. Silently, she placed a hand over his chest, and to her terror, he didn't have a heartbeat. At that moment the girl lost all of her composure as tears began to fall from her eyes like waterfalls. She began to sob, her crying and begging echoing off the walls of the lab.

"Shigaraki! Please wake up. You promised, you promised you wouldn't leave me" she continued to plead. The hero stared at her, but she still paid him no mind. Christina's cries grew ever louder as she buried her head into Shigaraki's chest. Her back jumped with each sob she released. A feeling of sadness completely taking over. She couldn't even talk anymore, all that came out of her mouth was sobbing. Suddenly, she stopped as the sound of electricity reached her ears. Christina sat up, still crying as she looked around the room. To her surprise and relief, Shigaraki's body jolted upwards. 

"Shigaraki?" The girl called out once more, wiping a tear from her cheek, though it was only replaced with another. Christina silently watched as the male's crimson eyes cracked open and he sat up. What once were tears of sadness quickly became tears of joy. 

"It's cold" she heard Shigaraki's voice. Christina hadn't even noticed the chill that ran down her spine. The white-haired male turned his head, spotting the teen who was next to him. The sensation of his hand on top of her head snapped Christina from her daze. She looked up at him, eyes still wet from the crying. Slowly, a smile spread across the girl's face as she wrapped her arms around his waist, 

"you're ok! I thought you were dead!" She cried out, voice hoarse. Shigaraki said nothing as he stood up. He still remained silent as he pulled Christina into his arms and allowing her to ride atop his shoulders. The teen wrapped her arms around his neck to keep herself from falling as the hero stood up, activating his quirk. Before he could do any damage Shigaraki was in front of him, a hand was placed on the hero's head, turning him into nothing but a pile of dust. His remains fell to the floor as Shigaraki reached down and grabbed the only thing that was left of the man, his red cape. The white-haired villain wrapped it around both Christina and himself, giving them both a feeling of warmth. Christina rested her head against Shigaraki's shoulders, feeling comforted by his presence. She had almost lost someone she considered family and the thought terrified her. 

"Hold on" Shigaraki warned her, the girl nodded and suddenly, the entire lab and hospital began to turn to dust. The walls, floors, and ceiling all began to collapse around the pair. Christina's eyes went wide as she watched the destruction. She knew Shigaraki's quirk had been improved but this was much more than she could have imagined. The sight of what he could do made her smile as she made sure her grip stayed tight. The faint sound of screams rang out, making the teen wonder what exactly was happening. But whatever it was, it gave Christina a feeling of joy. Finally, after some time had passed, the dust finally settled. Both Shigaraki and Christina were left standing on a singular pillar. Nothing else of the hospital remained. Shigaraki let the girl down as she surveyed the destruction around her. It wasn't just the hospital that had been turned to dust, it was the entire city. The brunette watched as Shigaraki walked over to a large, capsule-like machine. She walked back to his side as he opened it, revealing small, red containers. Most of them were broken from the chaos. Shigaraki then turned his attention to a small device laying nearby. He walked past Christina, picking it up as he brought it up to his face. The words he spoke next made the teen smirk as she grabbed his hand. The heroes may have had the upper hand for a while, but now it was time for the villains to fight back with full force.