Be Great With Your Lavender

The next morning, I went to my First Year Seminar Class. Just as Tracey predicted, I got put with Cara. Being that we didn't get any time in class to really go in depth about our social experiment project, me and Cara arranged to meet in the library later that day. I also finally thought of what I could do to hopefully cheer Tracey up— another girl's day out. I thought of the perfect thing— an art museum! She was really into art, anyway, and I felt like it would help me practice the art critiquing skills I learned in Bigazo's class. She taught us what to look for when we're looking at these pictures— what the point of the art is, who made it, and what was used to make it. After that, I'd take her somewhere to eat, or something. I wanted to spend time with her, away from everybody else, just to see where her head was at. When I asked, she was psyched to do something other than sit in her room all day.

Poor Cam was distraught when I informed her of my plans, when we were in the middle of English class. We were partnered up with each other, supposed to be discussing the answers to the teachers' question. "Cam, I been out with you like every weekend since we got cool. You should've seen Trae's face when I told her that we were going ice skating by ourselves. She's been a lil' sad lately, and I wanna cheer her up." I explain. Cam furrows her brows. "Oh, shit. Yeah, give her my best wishes or whatever."
"Okay."
"Now, I gotta find somebody to chill with."
"I know who you need to go chill with." I say, side-eyeing her.
She rolled her eyes. "I already know what you're gonna say. And she's mad at me."
"For what?"
"She says I don't spend enough time with her."
"How yo' girlfriend look like that and you ain't tryna be up under her, all day? Somebody gon' catch you slippin' and you gon' be mad." I tell her.
She smacks her teeth. "Who's 'somebody'? You?"
I roll my eyes. "Ask me again if you really wanna know the answer." I say, with a smirk. For a few seconds, we stared at each other like Diddy and that one dude from The Four. I could no longer contain my smile. "I don't want your girl. But... I can't imagine you're the only one that sees all that beauty."
I knew that for a fact, seeing as how she was all cuddled up with another nigga in the club.
"Why you don't like being around her?"
"It's just... I'd rather hang around people that stress me out, less. That's it."
"There's got to be something you like about the girl. Besides the beauty. There ain't that much beauty in the world, where you're on and off with somebody for a few years just 'cause you like their face."
"...What about the p-"
I smack my teeth at her. She was getting on my damn nerves. "What is it you like about her, personality wise?"
She shrugs her shoulders. "She's fiery. Passionate."
That, she was. It was something that I'd found when we were friends. "Okay, good start. What else?" I ask. No response. "That's all you can think of?"
"I'm just bad at explaining what I like about her. The fact of the matter is, I'm really attracted to dominant energy. My favorite thing about her is her intensity... but it's also very stressful to deal with. It gets overwhelming quickly, but whenever I can calm her down, everything is great. I think I'm holding out for a time where she becomes and stays calm when it comes to me."
"So, what is it that keeps her on this rampage?"
She sighs. "Fidelity has been one of the greater challenges in our relationship, which leads to her nagging me about everything. It doesn't matter where we are or who we're in front of— we gon' find something to argue about. I just be needing a long break."
"That sounds like a nightmare. No shade." I say. And she thought I wanted her girl? Puhlease. I didn't get the point of complaining about this girl to me, when clearly she's still interested in sleeping with her. And Neki herself told me that they considered each other their true loves. So, if Cam feels that way about her, she needed to fucking show it.
And maybe, just maybe they could have a relationship with limited arguments.
"Here's what you do, okay? Hit her up on the phone tomorrow morning and tell her y'all going for a lunch date. She mad, but she'll accept. 'Cause all she wanna do is spend some time with you without involving... you know. And look, when you meet up with her, you need to have a bouquet of lavender."
"Lavender? That shit look like asparagus. Who wants that in a bouquet?" she questions. I chuckled. "Get her some lavender. Trust me on this. Take her to wherever you think she wants to go— I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Outback Steakhouse.
"Outback Steakhouse? But I can't—"
"Up-bup-bup. I will not allow you to find a way to weasel out of this. I will spot you some money, and you get it back to me, whenever you can. Take her to Outback. And then find something else to do afterward. That should be something outdoorsy." I gasp. "Take her to the Adventure Park. She gon' be too scared to argue."
We laugh. "You gotta remind her she's important to you. She- it seems like she's been waiting for you to initiate something special as proof that she's wanted. So do it before somebody else gets her full attention."
"Okay. I'll-"
"Alright!" calls Professor Ramirez. "Group 1, let's hear your answers."
"Oh, shit. What was the question?" she whispered loudly.
"When it's our turn, you just stay quiet. Don't... say... shit." I warn her.

⭐️ Vote/Comment ⭐️