All By Myseeeelf

"Have fun, you crazy kids." I said, closing the door behind Tracey and Cam. They were finally going on their solo outing. Just in case Trae didn't make herself clear, I made sure to tell Cam not to pull the shit she pulled last time, ever again. I think she got the message. I turned around and looked at the the room. Hmm... now, I was bored. Tracey and Cam are gone, and KP is at work. I talked to Ti earlier, and we made up. I told her I was sorry for hanging up on her and everything. She was still sad, knowing that I've basically moved on from her. She doing way too much though. She asked me if it was more than one person, and I said yeah. I didn't think that was too crazy of a question. It wasn't her business, but I went ahead and told her, anyway. Then the bitch asked me who. I straight up refused to answer that. It's not like she would know who they are, anyway. And let's say I did tell her— what was she gonna do with that information? If she was gonna harass them in the name of getting back together with me, it would have all been in vain. And that is because we are never ever ever getting back together. You know, I never was a huge fan of Taylor Swift, but some of those lyrics be hittin'.

I then think of the writing homework that I didn't start yet. I probably should do something about that— even though it was only Wednesday night. I blast music through the room as I set up my little study nook on the floor. Being at my desk made my back hurt, and being on the bed made me tired. I grab a spare comforter set and put it on the floor, in between me and Cam's bed. I then grab my notebook and pen set, along with a few of my pillows. Before long, I was singing along to the music instead of jotting down ideas. Honestly, though, I didn't know where I would get inspiration from... maybe the MyLife app? I knew somebody would have some bullshit to post, and surely it would intrigue me enough to create a whole story around it.
When I scrolled the app, I saw two texts pop up— one from Araya, and one from that girl I met at the club, Narelle. I wasn't in such a good place with Araya so I opened up the other message, first.

Hey, this is Relle. What's good?
I reply with a generic ass response. I wasn't somebody who was really into the small talk. I looked at the other message and squinted my eyes at it.

You know I only like studs, right?

Araya was on some weird shit. Why would she ask such a stupid question?Of course I knew that. That's why she hooked up with me in the first place.

I know, you told me that before we started seeing each other. And since then, we've been hooking up. What's the hold up, now?

She replied immediately.

Don't take it personal, but I'm not attracted to girls who look like they got their hair done at the same place I did. You're a tomboy more than anything. You're giving me Aaliyah vibes and I don't wanna fuck Aaliyah.

I really couldn't believe what I was seeing. So, she was turned off by my hair? It didn't matter how skilled I was, she just couldn't get over my hair.

Wait, if you think I'm just a tomboy, that's fine, but I dress the exact same way I did before. What made you break your 'studs only' rule for me?

This time she takes longer to reply. At this point, I had corresponded several times with Relle.

'Cause you fine. I guess you give me more of a daddy vibe with your big hair. The silk press makes you look like a girl playing around in her boyfriend's clothes.

When I read that shit, I was completely done with the conversation. Not only was I making a decision to never sleep with her again, I had to deal with the fact that I had been sleeping with an idiot. I'll never forgive myself for that. I slam my notebook closed and get ready for bed. This story shit was gonna have to wait.

A few hours later, I was finishing up some other homework when Cam finally came on back. I frown when I notice she's wearing a small frown, like she was sad or something. I assumed Trae told her the news. "Wassup, Cam? You cool?" I ask her.
"Yeah, I'm cool."
"You are?" I asked again.
"Yeah. I'm just a little bit worn out. I am tired." she said.
"I can see why. Y'all was gone hella long, you must've had a blast."
She chuckled. "It was fun."
They had gone to the same Adventure Park place I'd recommended to Cam. I questioned why they left so late in the damn day, though. They left at 6 or so. I was surprised the place was still open.

I could see now that Cam wasn't gonna say anything about the Kleo news today. It was fine, I don't share every bad thing that happens to me with her, either. I would let her come to me with it on her own time. And I was gonna get the details from Tracey, anyway. She already hit me and said she'd bring me up to speed in the morning.

But there is one thing that did still bother me. What Araya had said still plagued my mind. She told me I was nothing but a tomboy. She said I look like a regular girl playing in her boyfriends clothes!! "Cam, do you think I'm a stud?" I ask. She cackles, loudly. In my face. "That is random as hell."
"Answer the question, Cam." I say.
"Oh, you're serious, aren't you?" she asked. Her tone was serious, now. "What happened?"
I sighed. Well, I asked Araya why she stopped hitting me up. She's been acting weird the past couple days. The bitch gon' tell me, uh..." I trailed off, trying to remember exactly how she worded it. "She was like 'you giving me Aaliyah vibes now and I don't wanna fuck Aaliyah.'" I mocked. She laughed again. "Aaliyah had bangs!" she pointed out. "Exactly!" I said, feeling good that somebody agreed with me that I didn't look like her. "She's like 'your big hair gives me daddy vibes'." I say, scrunching my face. "My hair cant possibly change my face that much." I say.
"Awwww, you okay?" she asks me.
"I'm fine, I'm just mad I ever gave such a stupid person my time."
"Whew, I hear that." she co-signed.