Write-Off

I wake up to the sound of an alarm going off. As I move my head to lift myself up, I realized there was another person in the bed. I realized my arm is draped over their torso, and their arm is draped over my arm. I looked at where my head had been laying— on top of their chest. When I look up and see the hair, there was no mistaking who it was. It was Cam.
Then it came to me— she slept next to me to hopefully help me sleep. As I wondered what time it was, Cam starts moving around, taking her arm off me and reaching for her phone, on my nightstand. "It's 8:30." she says.
Oh, shit. I had slept the whole night. Her weird ass pillow sandwich thing, worked. She showed me her phone for proof. She smiled. "So, how do you feel?" she asks me.
"Like shit." I say, smiling widely. "But, refreshed shit."
"Glad to hear it, I guess." she said, almost like she was asking a question.
"I don't even know how that shit worked, but it did. You're a genius!" I said, now intentionally throwing my arm over her, bringing her in for a hug. She giggled. "You're welcome." she said. "So, whatchu finna do today?"
I thought about it for a second. "Um, firstly I'm gonna wash my ass and treat my toothbrush to a lil' head."
"This girl said 'treat my toothbrush to a lil' head.'" she repeated softly. "You are a mess." she says aloud, cracking up. "Yeah," I agree, "...but you secretly love it." I whisper loudly. "Girl, whatever." she said, waving me off.

A few hours later, Cam finally makes her way to class. I had to tell her four times that I was cool before she went to class. True to her caring nature, she brought me back a few hash browns and some apple juice. I still had the peaches and about half of a sleeve of saltines left. She also wouldn't leave until she witnessed me finish off at least one hash brown. I put it onto my brain to be as dramatic with her when she gets sick.

But now, we were encroaching on lunch time. I had been up the whole time, trying to get rolling on my story. I'd done zero writing since like, Sunday. In the midst of me writing, I get a FaceTime call. I smile when I see who it is. "Hey!" I say.
"Hey, Gwen. You feeling any better?" KP asks me. "A little bit. I finally slept through the damn night, so I'm not tired, like I was."
" I see you're not looking at the camera. You busy or something?"
I chuckle. "I'm sorry. I'm finally getting around to writing my story."
Out of the blue, I hear a knock at the door. "Hold on, somebody's at the door." I say, tossing the phone to the bed and walking up to the door. As I look through the peephole, I notice I can't see anything through it. When I open the door, I fully intend to go the hell off. When I saw KP I breathed a sigh of belief. I walked away from the door, allowing her to come in. "Girl, don't do no shit like that, ever again." I warn. She giggles. I raise my eyebrows. "You laughing, but you were just about to get an earful of me."
"What if that's what I want?" she asked, suggestively. I shake my head. "That wasn't gon' be the experience you were hoping for."
I finally embrace her after I calm my nerves. "What are you doing here? I thought you were busy." I say. She smacks her teeth. "I had to come and check up on you." she says, smiling. "Wanted to make sure you ate good, so I came on my lunch break." She lifts up the bag of food. She pulls out everything on my desk. She made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with bags of chips. I giggle wildly at it. "Oh, my God. This is so cute." I tell her. She really sat there and thought enough of me to actually make me something. "I'm not hungry right now but I appreciate the effort. I'll eat it later, though, definitely. I'm too focused on getting this story together." I say. I take her hand and lead her to sit on my bed, sitting beside her. I grab my notebook and pencil, and start reading my story aloud. It wasn't finished and I needed her help.

"Now, I'm wondering if I should have Keisha whoop Soo Young's ass or if she should whoop Janine's ass."
KP furrows her eyebrows. "Uh, what did Soo Young do?"
"She started a rumor that Keisha stole the Student Presidential Election, and almost made her lose her position." I answer.
"And what did Janine do?" she asks again.
"Janine screenshotted some of Keisha's not-safe-for-work Snapchat posts and sent them to her parents and her boyfriend."

"They both deserve the hands, but I'd go after  Janine."

"Well, let me tell you what Keisha did to them, first—- she sabotaged Soo Young's school project by having her good sis Jenny hack into that bitch's email and deleted everything. And she clowned the hell out of Janine on social media. Janine just couldn't handle all the reads."

"I see Keisha needs an ass kicking of her own. But I'd still reach for Janine, first." she suggests.

"Yeah, I think I agree with that. See, Soo Young just had to tag that ass where it hurt. Janine was just on some hater shit. It's solved."

"How is the Student President walking around town getting in fights, though?" she asks. I wave her off. "Chile, all these folks live in the same neighborhood. They can catch hands and feet away from school property."

She chuckles. "But I thought you said you'd have your characters asking everybody if she was mean. How you gon' have her fight somebody?" she asks me.

I sighed. "'Cause the characters be backsliding sometimes. It's called character development." I say. She giggles. "Those study sessions been doing you some good, huh?" she asks, biting her lip. "I guess so." I give into her nonverbal advances, by leaning into her and giving into her a few smooches. After all, I could still kiss. I was only in the beginning stages of my period. I was one of the unfortunate souls that had horrible periods. I should be used to it by now, but I'm not. It still takes me out for the count every month.

I grabbed her face and deepened the kiss. It took my mind off the pain for a second. It got so intense I wound up on my back, with her in between my legs. She starts caressing my leg, clearly wanting to get more intimate with me, but she knew I wasn't feeling good.

"You know this is my favorite place to be, right?" she asks, laying her head down on my torso, never letting my leg go. "I'm honored." I say, feigning like I just won a prestigious award. She giggled. "No, I'm being serious. I really like this." she says.
I giggle. "Stop tryna butter me up. I promise I wanna bust it as wide as you want it." I admit. "Really, I wanna bust you open. Bust it wide open, then I, then I tell 'er 'bring it back'." I say, rapping that last part.
She buries her face in my shirt and has a laughing fit.
"While I'm always ready for something to go down, I wasn't talking about that. I like talking to you and being around you. Don't you like doing that with me?"
"KP, I love doing that stuff with you. It's one of my favorite things to do, next to sleeping and eating. You've been beating both of those things out lately, though."
"You love it, eh?" she says, smirking. "Aw, hell." I groan, after realizing I just committed one of my self-implemented cardinal sins. She laughs. "Because I can see how much you hate yourself right now, I'm not gon' say nothin'."
I chuckle. "Good choice."

After a few more minutes of talking, she gives me another kiss. She had checked her phone and saw that she only had a few minutes to get back to work.
"I gotta go."
"Okay. And make sure you eat something. You done spent your whole damn break being all in my face." I said.
"Yeah, well, that's because I like it. I'll eat something on the way." she says, getting off the bed, putting her shoes on. "You make sure you eat something, while you're worrying me." she says. "Feel better. I'll hit you when I get off, okay?" she says, leaning in for a peck and giving me a quick hug. She grabs her food, phone, and keys and made sure to lock the door before shutting it.
I sit back on my bed and think about our whole situation. The connection was becoming stronger and it kind of scared me. Right now I was only seeing KP. The Araya situation was dead, and Relle was more like a social media friend—at least right now. So, that gave me nothing but time to deal with her and I think the feelings were getting more intense. Considering the fact that I forbade myself to get into any kind of relationships, this was a horrible turn of events. This was bad, real bad.