Familiarity

At the end of the meeting, I just headed back to my room. I had met another girl who seemed to be just as bored with this New Student Orientation crap as much as I was. Her name was Tracey. We got partnered up during the bean bag toss. We just snuck off into the hallway and talked quietly. We were cracking up at Bridget and the twins making a fuss about doing the activity. After the activity was finished, we headed back into the lobby to blend back in with everybody else. And now, it was finally over. I was still mulling over the whole Neki/"Kleo" thing. Why is she using an alias? I'd known her for awhile as a kid, but she was still a long shot away from familiar. Even though people are generally not putting much effort into their appearance at age 13, they normally look the same in the face even after they start. But Neki doesn't look the same in the least bit. That birthmark gave her away. I mean, how many people have a birthmark in the shape of Africa on them? Either this girl was Neki, or I've got the luck of a lottery winner to witness such a coincidence.

I opened the door to my room and locked it behind me. I sat on my bed and contemplated life. I opened the MyLife app on my phone. I scrolled down my feed and liked a few pictures. Megan and Owen had posted flicks from their date, my mom and dad had posted a picture of them with my little sister, and Ti's brother had posted a throwback picture of him and his sister. I was liking the pictures, and noticed that I had a new DM. It was a message from someone called, "gxrlxslayer". Well, that's quite the name. Apparently, she liked my pictures and asked that I follow her back. I think about it for a second. Well, she asked, so why not?

So, I went on her page. Just then I'm hit with a bunch of sensual pictures. The first picture appeared to be of a brown-skinned girl whose back is to the camera. She has loads of tattoos; some are of phrases, while others are images, such as flowers and women. They were nice tattoos, and I wondered how much they costed, and how much pain she had while getting that. Me, I'm pretty scared of getting one. Anyway, I thought the body pictures looked nice but there were only a few shots of her face, most of which hiding her eyes. What the hell, I'll follow her back.I decided to comment on one of her pictures. "Nice!" I wrote. Promptly, she'd started to blow my notifications up, going on a liking spree. I decided to return the favor. I was bored and didn't have anything else to do.

Suddenly, Cam walks into the room and just falls into her bed. She looked disheveled and had lipstick all over her neck. See, this is why Angel was on the phone fussing at her, I bet. However, what she did with whoever is none of my business. After a deep sigh, Cam turned to the side, facing me. She had to blow out some air to get her long burgundy strands from in front of her nose. "So, uh... you ready to go over the Roommate Agreement?" she asks.

Why the hell not? "Um, okay. Yeah."

"Great. Can you go get the form? It's on my desk. I'm just gonna lay here and get my energy back."

"Alright," I said. I got up, walked the short distance from my bed to her desk. Then, I got a book and a pen and sat on my bed and started reading.

"This is a roommate agreement between..." I started to write down my name. "Gwen... Galley and ... Cam.. last name?"

"Carter." she says.

"When do you usually go to sleep?"

"Around midnight, sometimes after."

I nod my head in agreeance, as I wrote down our 'bed time'. "Same. Um, do you have any preferences as far as room temperature? I like it to be warm. I can't stand a cold room." I said, clenching my fists.

"That's fine, me neither. Calm down."she said, chuckling. She propped herself up on both elbows. "What you think about visitors?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't care. I don't intend to have a lot of 'em. I guess I'd be okay with them being over. If they're gonna stay overnight, though, let me know." I said.