De-Stress

I rubbed my eyes and laid back on the couch I was sitting at, and noticed a familiar face. It was Araya. Her eyes glimmered under the lobby's intense lights.

"You alright, Gwen?" she asked, furrowing her eyebrow.

"Oh, um. Yeah, I'm cool. Are you alright?" I asked, mocking her.

"I'm doing alright, myself. Actually, I was just headed to the pool so I can swim off some stress. You wanna join me?" she asked.

"Definitely! Let me go get my stuff and I'll meet you over there."

"Oh, I'll be here. I don't mind waiting." she says, crossing her legs to show off her thighs. Today she was wearing a black crop top with "black girl magic" in glitter letters, and some coochie cutter jean shorts to cover up her swimsuit. I just told myself to ignore how fine she was and keep a friendship with her. I'm not trying to be out here with sexual ties to a lot of people. I know that I can and nobody can shame me about it, but I wanted to get to know people more before I just hopped in bed with them. And so, in spite of Araya obviously flirting with me, I didn't entertain it. I just went to my room, grabbed my things, and began the walk with Araya to the pool.

Once we were in the pool, Araya and I were swimming laps nonstop. There was no talking, just thinking. I knew I was still thinking about what I was gonna do with my romantic life. And then I wondered how crazy my neck looked. I never took the concealer off but I assumed that it would be less effective in a big ass body of water, even if it did advertise itself as waterproof. Then I noticed Araya swam across the pool to chill on the sidelines. I swam a few more laps and swam to where she was.

"Wassup? You okay?" I asked, concerned. It looked like she was thinking incredibly hard about something.

"You asked me that already. I'm fine, just... thinking."

"About..?" I replied, hoping to get a less vague answer.

"About you." she replies, looking at the water.

"Me?" I asked, unsure if I really heard her say that.

She chuckled. "Yes, you."

I blushed a little. "Little ol' me? Aw, shit." I said, smiling.

"I know you saw me staring." she says, now looking at me.

"I definitely felt like somebody was watching."
We both got out of the water and sat at the edge of the pool with our feet still submerged.

"What do you think about me?" she asked. "I know we don't know each other like that, but we got eyes, y'know. I'm liking what I see. Are you liking what you see? I mean, maybe now is not the best time to be asking this." I giggled. Her hair was ruined because she had been in the pool for a while, and she had taken all her makeup off, but she was still so beautiful. Her skin was illuminated under the lights of the pool room. Is she a goddess or something? She never looked less than amazing, and it wouldn't be different if she had rags on.

"I definitely like what I see." I responded, staring back at her.

"So, what's up, then? What you tryna do?"

"I mean, I got a few ideas." I said. Araya giggles and scoots closer to me.

I thought about how great it would be to just take Araya out of her purple and yellow swimsuit and get wild in the pool. But then I also thought about KP. I had literally been active with somebody else last night. She should definitely know that I'm involved with someone else.

As much as I wanted to bounce off of Araya's energy, I thought it was only fair to warn her first. By now she had made her way on top of me and placed one of my hands on each butt cheek, smiling devilishly.

"I gotta tell you somethin'." I said, making Araya stop in her tracks. She was on her way to kiss me. "I am kinda involved with somebody else."

She sits back up. "Involved? Like how? You got a girlfriend?"

"No." I replied.

"You got a boyfriend?"

"No." I replied again.

"You got a dogfriend?" she asked. I looked at her crazy.

"No! But I am sexually active with other people. One other person."

"Oh, okay." she says, quietly. "I'm not the biggest fan of sharing, y'know?" she admitted, dismounting me slowly.

"I'm sorry if that makes you uncomfortable. I do have my papers at the room, I'm clean. I just thought I should let you know before things get too far."

"Hey, I appreciate the transparency." she said.

"I mean, if it helps, she's not my girlfriend. I am single, but, I do have my fun."

"Well, let me think on this, okay?" she says, hopping back in the pool. "Come on and race me!" she said, swimming away.

I got myself back together and swam after her.

Back at the room, Cam is completely knocked out. I could tell she had a hell of a day because she was snoring louder than usual. Hell, I'd probably need to sleep if my fake husband showed up to confront me on why I'm fucking everybody except him, too. That kind of stress required a mental break. My favorite kind of mental break is sleep. I decided to take my own self to sleep, as well. After a long shower, I prepared myself for bed and knocked out.