Love Calls

We strolled through the mall, with a mission— to ease our minds. Well, I was more so here to help Trae forget about Cam, but I needed to clear my mind, too. I was still thinking about what KP had said to me, about taking our situation to the next level. I struggled with it because, while I did like her, I wasn't so sure it was the smart thing to do. To be honest, I still questioned how smart it was to even get physically involved with her, but I knew I was probably going to keep doing it. The only one putting real pressure on me, was myself. It's not like she's giving me an ultimatum or anything. I mean, she did say she wouldn't have a problem with me seeing other people. She's more focused on building the connection we have, but still... I didn't know how fair it would be to her if she really did only have eyes for me, to roll around with somebody else. I also wasn't sure how I'd react to seeing her out with somebody else, after deciding I want to put more effort into building that connection. She ought to go build a connection with someone who is less of a fucking mess, than I am.  My train of thought is interrupted by Tracey screaming. I chuckled a little bit. Oh, yeah, I knew that pain all too well. We were at the eyebrow threading place. I had gone first, and could still feel a slight stinging sensation on my own face. I offer words of encouragement as the lady does her other brow. Then she stares into the mirror to see how she looks. "How do I look, Gwen?" she asks. I look at her and smile. "Bitch, you look good." I say. Her brows looked much better, manicured. She was always cute, but I could see the improvement in her appearance. "Thank you." she said, in a cheerful tone. I finally paid for both of us and we headed towards Craig's. This was a store that had a little something for everybody. I followed Tracey to the women's section, where she asked for my opinion of what was cute and what wasn't. I kept telling her to buy whatever the hell she wants. She doesn't need anybody's approval on how she looks. "But I do think you'd kill it in that black dress, though. Only get it if you feel know you would feel good in it." she holds it and thinks about it. She smiles. "I'm gonna get it!" she declares. "Good!" I remarked. "Now come help me find something." I say, grabbing her hand and dragging her to the men's section.

Around an hour later, we both exit the store with two bags full of clothes. We had one more place to stop at before we would head back to campus. I had just left Tracey with all my stuff 'cause I had to go to the bathroom. By the time I had finished my business and washed my hands, I heard footsteps. After drying my hands off, I walk right into somebody. I scan them from about chest on up and chuckle softly. As I do this, I was unconsciously backing up, 'cause she made no effort to move around me, but kept moving forward. I wasn't scared, though, 'cause I knew who it was. "Well, well, well." the familiar face said. "Hey, you. What's up?" I greet. It's KP. "I came here to get some threads so I can look like something when I handle my business. I would ask you, but I get the feeling you already know I ain't come here to talk." she says, biting her lip. I smirk. Much like our last encounter in the bathroom, she was coming on strong. However, I was more concerned about doing stuff in this bathroom 'cause it's an actual public restroom. The anxiety heightens, just for a second as she takes me by the hand into the biggest stall. It melted away as soon as her lips make contact with mine. I could feel my right mind trying to take over me, though. "What if other people walk in?" I ask. "Fuck 'em, let 'em hear." she whispers back, clearly unbothered by the thought of performing in front of other people. She breaks away from me for a second and pulls down the baby changing station.
"Get up there." she insists. I crack up. "Do you know how much bare baby ass has touched this damn changing station?" I asked. She just picks me up and sits me down on it. After a short yelp, all of a sudden I feel a tingle in my nether regions. She caresses one of my legs while she tongues me down. Just then, her phone rings. "This'll just be a minute." she says, smiling at me. She answers the phone, and I can hear what is being said on the other side of the phone. As soon as we hear that it's a collect call from a county jail, the mood completely changes. "Ooh, this is important." she says, after telling the guy that she accepts the charges. "I'm sorry, I gotta go but I'll catch you tomorrow. Have a good day, okay?" she says, giving me one last peck and heading out of the stall, greeting somebody on the phone. After taking a second to register what the hell just happened, I make my way out of the stall too, grateful that at least nothing really popped off in here. My cheeks turn red when I noticed that a lady was questioning whether she had just seen two people come out of the same stall. I make my way back to Tracey, deciding to keep that whole bathroom incident to myself.

Now it was time to head to the hair salon. I had done most of the heavy lifting on my own head last night— I only needed a trim. Tracey wanted a whole new style, though. She wanted to try a feathered curly hair look, aside from her usual wavy looking hair. I was excited for how she would look. I chatted it up with Tracey up until they took her to the back of the salon. I had gone back to the front of the salon, putting my hair back in the bun it was sitting in. Now it was my turn to babysit our stuff.
My phone rings and I glance at the screen. It's Tiana. After confirming that I do accept the charges, I found myself smiling, like I was finally in the right place to hear her voice today. "Hey, Ti." I greet, cheerfully. She chuckles on the other line. "What's up? What's got you all in a good mood?" she asks. "I don't even know, man. I just went through some bullshit, but somehow I'm still chipper."
"What happened?" she asked.
"Never mind that. You been alright?"
"Yeah, I've been okay. I've been a little more depressed this week. I miss my baby, you know. I miss both of my babies." she says. I decided to ignore that comment she made and just uplift her. "You'll be home soon enough, Ti. Let the baby be your motivation to stay on the straight and narrow, so you can jump back into his life. He needs his mom."
"I finally get to see him next week." she reveals.
"I'm so happy for you! I'll finally get to see him when I go back for the holidays. If I miss him, I know you're going crazy."
"I am. I keep telling myself all this shit is gonna be over soon."
"It will be." I say. "So, when you coming to see me?" she asks. I furrowed my brows. "I don't know if that's such a good idea." I admit. The thought kind of made me nervous. I'd visited her behind bars before, but that was when I was still in love with her. Now that I've moved on, I wondered how it would pan out.
"I want you to come see me. And maybe we can arrange it so you and Pierce can come in together, and we can be a family, at least for an hour or so. I can't wait to really be a family again and pick up where we left off."
I resist the urge to groan. "Pick up where we left off? Ti, that's never gonna happen. I'm in school now, and I will be for the next couple years. This 'relationship' and 'family' thing is not gonna happen."
She scoffs. "Don't be so pessimistic. Of course it will. You act like people in school don't have stuff going on in their personal lives. It's not like our family situation would interrupt your schooling." Whew, chile. The delusion is strong with this girl today. "My cousin is in school too, and she juggles her academic and personal life just fine." she explains. "Well, good for her." I say, rolling my eyes. I couldn't imagine this cousin of hers was dealing with a kid. Even if she was, I don't care.

"G." she says. By now I was becoming stressed. "Yeah?"
"Promise me you'll come see me." she says. "I gotta sleep on that, Ti."
"Why you gotta sleep on it? Why can't you just say you'll come? It's 'cause you're dealing with somebody else, huh?" she asks, in an accusatory tone. I shrug my shoulders. "Yeah. I gotta go." I say, hanging up on her. Tracey was back in front of me and I didn't feel like arguing with Ti in public, and that's exactly what was gonna happen, if I hadn't ended the call. I compliment her on her hair, and we both head back to the dorm. We were finally ready to go back to the dorms and get dressed up. Tonight, we are getting into some shit.