F • R • I • E • N • D • S

"You look fucking good". I say, scanning Tracey from her head to her toes. She was wearing the dress we found earlier, wearing makeup to match it. She had a smoky eye look going on, with the red lip. She was also wearing her new heels as well as her new bag. Her hair fell just a little past her shoulders, looking just as good as it did when we left the mall. "There's no way you won't find anybody tonight." I say, excitedly. "Now, how do I look? If I'm gon' be your wingman, I gotta look the part." I say. She giggles, tugging at the collar of my black floral button up shirt. "Whatever happened to not caring how people think you look?" she asked. "Well, how am I supposed to help you get girls if the girls don't want me?" she snickers. "You look good, like you always do." I roll my eyes. "I don't even feel like arguing with you about that." I say. I look down at my pants for what seemed like the 30th time. They were black skinny jeans, but what irritated me was the fact that lint kept sticking to them. "It's fine, Gwen, it'll be dark. No one will care."
"You're right." I reply, now looking into the mirror. I started to mess with my hair. In that moment, I wished I had my big hair back. I shook it off and decided to embrace my hair, for now. Hell,  it took forever to get my hair to this point, so I was gonna get as many days out of this press as I could. "I am giving stem tease." I said, cracking up. "Nah, I still think you're in stud territory." Tracey says. "I don't know, girl. The Twitter lesbians said if you straighten your hair, you a stem." She cracks up. "Half those women are just saying stuff just to say it. Fuck 'em." she says. I giggle. "I know, I know. Hey, go ahead and order the Uber." I tell her.

Just then, Cam walks in. "Damn." she said. She sounded impressed. I couldn't see because I was too busy trying to find my newest pair of shoes. "What's the occasion?" Cam asks. I figured it probably wasn't the best idea to tell Cam we were gonna get Tracey a whole new person to be obsessed with 'cause she's a fucking idiot. I didn't think either of them would really appreciate that. So, I just came up with something on the spot. "Oh, girl, me and Trae made a bet on who can get more bitches at the club, tonight. You know, typical heathenry." I say.
"Well, I can see a clear winner." she says. I cackle. What an asshole. She was right though, if the competition was a real thing, Trae would win, hands down. I think I'd be able to keep up, but I probably wouldn't beat her. When I looked up, Cam was facing her desk, making small conversation with Tracey. I shoot Tracey a knowing look and we both share a smile. It was clear that we agreed that Cam pretty much hit on her, and declared it as a victory.
When we left, Tracey was giggling like a school girl. "Have fun, you crazy kids." Cam said, closing the door behind us. I shuddered to think what would go down in the room once we left.

"I don't even care about the club, anymore. I've already accomplished my goal." she says. "Cam hit on me! All I gotta do is keep this extra girly shit up. At this rate, we'll be married next year." she says. I resist the urge to roll my eyes. She was happy, and I wasn't gonna do anything to ruin that. "Well, we can still go looking for friends. Maybe you'll find somebody that takes interest into you, right away." I suggest, slightly shading Cam. While I was happy Tracey was finally getting some attention from her, it irritated me how much she changed Trae's whole perception of herself. She should believe she's beautiful no matter what, because she is. That's true whether Cam is drooling all over her or not. I wasn't gonna preach to her about it, though—she'd learn this lesson soon enough.

An hour later, she was politely turning down the third girl I brought back to her. I rolled my eyes. "And what was wrong with her?" I asked. "I only have eyes for Cam." Tracey admits. "And she is not Cam."
"That's the point." I say. "I just don't want you to put all your eggs in one basket. If things work out with Cam and you wanna be monogamous, cool. I just think it would be a good idea to make at least one other freaky friend, just in case it doesn't work out. Now, pick out which chick you want." I say. She rolls her eyes at me, and then scans the room. "That stud over there... the one with the suspenders on. She's cute." she tells me, pointing at her. When I look over there, I nod my head in approval.

A few yards away, this dapper looking girl was sitting at the bar. I walked over there, and sat down next to her. "You look like you wanna buy some drinks for a couple new friends." I say. She chuckles in response. "How you figure that?" she asks. "'Cause you wore suspenders to the club. You look like you just got off and wouldn't mind company." She chuckles again, but softly. I further explain the situation, about how I was trying to get Trae to at least make one new friend tonight and such. "I'm very flattered that your friend takes an interest in me, but I don't deal with people who use wingmen to get them dates. I ain't got time for the shy shit." I flash my smile. "She's not shy, I just picked you out for her." I fib. "Uh huh, and what about you?" she asks, taking my hand in hers. "Oh, I don't like studs." I lie, slowly removing my hand from hers. "That's too bad." she says. I giggle. "You'll get over me once you see my friend. Come on." I tell her.
I had to nip her flirting in the bud. I couldn't sit here and let this girl try to make a move on me, when the whole reason was to find Trae a special friend.

When she came over to the table, I introduced them to each other, and stepped away. I was keeping an eye on them from afar though, just in case Miss Suspenders made any suspicious moves.
When I find myself back at the bar, I looked in the other direction, noticing two chicks damn near chewing beach other's face off. I chuckle at them. I couldn't believe they were doing all that in front of everybody. I was sitting in the chair, doing little chair dances while I made conversation with everybody else at the bar. The DJ was incredible. When I was scrolling my timeline on Twitter, my favorite song came on. I glanced over to where Tracey was, and see that she's quite cozy with the girl from earlier. I make my way to the dance floor and start dancing, zoning out to what happened the last time I'd really done it.

Last time I had danced with somebody at the club, they completely changed my whole perspective on life. It made me think about where Gabby was. I hadn't spoken to her since the whole thing with Erin went down. I blocked them both on all of my social media. I had to admit, I was still a bit curious to see what was going on with them. I come back to reality when I feel somebody dancing against me. I was a little bit annoyed that somebody helped themselves to me without even giving me a heads up, but I wasn't gonna freak out. It's a club and it happens. I look back at her, not missing a beat, and was delighted to see that she was somebody cute. We playfully flirt through the rest of the song, finally exchanging numbers. She was on her way out for the night and was glad she caught me. After saying goodbye to her, I go to check on my friend, again. I silently celebrate when I see that Tracey and her girl are still there, talking. As I make my way towards them, I catch another view of that couple that was overdoing the PDA once again. My brows raise when I see who the female looks like— 'Kleo'. I look back at Tracey, who was clearly trying to keep herself from smirking. Okay, that confirms that it was Kleo. My eyes widen when I look back at her and notice that she's looking dead at me.