Out on the Town

KP finally comes outside of the dorm room with her phone, wallet and her keys. Then, she put her arm around me as we make our way to the elevators. I pressed the down button.
"So, listen to me. We're gonna catch the bus, then we'll catch the metro. Then, we'll take a ten minute walk up to the place."
"Sounds good." KP said, smiling at me. The elevator dings, and the bottom arrow at the top of the wall lights up, signaling we will be going down. We walk in, and I press "G", since we're leaving off of the ground floor. KP takes a deep breath.
"Whatchu thinkin' about?" I ask.
"Oh, I'm just tryna calm myself down. I get a little nervous when it comes to surprises. I hate them."
I giggled. "I hope you'll like mine."
"My mom always told me I needed to learn how to let somebody else take control. So I'm gonna do it, dammit." she said.
"Good. We'll have a good day, I promise!"
Thirty minutes later, we get off the metro and make our way to the outside of the Greater Building. It's one of the biggest shopping malls in this city. But we weren't here to shop. We had to walk near the building so we can get on the street to Overland Park. It was cool because it had a real pretty hiking trail that led to a traditional park, where parents came with their kids or where the elderly came to look at how beautiful the greenery is. It also had playground that is somewhat hidden by the bigger trees. But on the other side of Overland Park was an amusement park, which housed huge rollercoasters and awesome carnival games. I thought  it might be cool if we could experience both. However, I knew that not everyone appreciates theme parks, so this was a good option to have, just in case KP prefers staying on the ground and not holding her stomach, afraid she was going to puke in mid-air.
"So, we'll keep going straight until we get to Kelley Drive. Then Kelley Drive will lead us to Cass Ave. Cass Ave is where we need to be."
"Man, this is a hell of a trek, but I've never had so much fun just getting to a place."
I smile. I hadn't, either. Actually, i enjoyed what we had going on while we were traveling. Though I couldn't wait to show KP the park, I almost would be cool with walking around the city with her. We were once again walking, arm in arm, confusing the fuck out of everybody.

"Damn, these people nosey!" she said, rolling her eyes.
"Fuck 'em. Let 'em stare." I said, shrugging my right shoulder, and then leaning into her.
We walked into Cass Ave, almost getting hit by a car.
"YOU MOTHERFUCKER!!" I screeched, as I unhooked myself from KP. I started to run towards the car to curse out the driver to their face. Almost knocked me clean over! The hell wrong with him?!
KP rushes over to get me. "Come on, you don't know him." she says, catching up with me and pulling me in the other direction. I tried with all my might to get out of her grip, but I couldn't. Ol' strong ass. It was annoying that I couldn't cuss his ass out like he deserved. When I saw that KP had her guard down, I hightailed it back to that raggedy as white '93 Honda Accordion and almost made contact with it until I felt my world turn upside down. Someone had picked me up and carried me over their shoulders. Fucking KP.
"Gwen, we've gotta work on our temper, man."
"Can you please put me down?" I ask.
"No. Now where are we supposed to be?"
"Put me down and I'll tell you."
"No, because you're gonna go back up to that car and get yourself hurt."
"I can handle myself, KP." I said, still unsure of how KP was carrying me so easy.
"No. Remember what I said yesterday?"
"You don't like competing for attention."
"Exactly." she says. "Those cars are in a bit of a jam up there. So until that white car is gone, you will be either in my shoulder or in a bear hug with me."
"KP. Why can't I just be put down next to you? I won't run after that guy, I promise."
"I would feel much better if you would just let me carry you like this to where we're supposed to go."
"I'm not telling you." I say.
KP sighs and lets me down. "Thank you." I say, holding my arm out. We interlock again. "Now we make a right."

A few minutes later, we arrive to the traditional section of the park. Surprisingly, there was only one family there, with their two young kids. KP laughed. "Man, I ain't been to a real park in a minute." she exclaims, looking at the playground. The wind was blowing, and the swings were swinging, but nobody was on it. I guess ghosts like swings, too. We found a merry go round that allows people to sit! Hmm! That was a first.