Peer Pressure

"I'll see you tomorrow, daddy." Araya called after me, as I walked out of her room. I cringed a little at 'daddy'. It was cute when we were going at it, but now, it seemed out of place. "Bye." I said. I didn't have any real time to dwell on the 'daddy' thing, anyway. I was grinning from ear to ear. I had been eyeing Araya the whole time I was here, and she finally let me hit. I feel like a million dollars. Of course, money doesn't have emotions or sore body parts, but whatever. I was silently celebrating with myself when I noticed the camera crew again. It was now eleven o'clock at night! Why were the crew still here? I hoped to God the cameras weren't rolling when I slid into Araya's room. I figured they weren't . They're probably just filming for the reality TV people. I didn't sign up so I didn't have anything to worry about.

Just then, I had walked up on KP. "Hey, girl." I said, acknowledging her. She grinned at me. "Gwen! What's up?" She asked.
"You don't live here. What's the occasion?" I asked.

KP smirks. "Oh, I'm visiting a ...friend." I chuckled a little. "...You mean fling?" I asked, pretending to be mad. KP looks satisfied with herself. She thought that she finally got me to renege on our arrangement. I had something for her ass. I was gonna play the hell out of her. "After all we've been through, you fuckin' other bit— nah I'm playing. That's great! I'll catch you whenever." I said, grinning and patting her on the back. "Gotta go!" I called before walking away. I noticed KP's cocky smile turning into a frown. I knew I had gotten her. I cracked up.

The next morning, I woke up with the widest grin on my face. I texted Araya to let her know I was thinking about her. I was really excited to hang out with her more.

After I finished getting ready to head to the cafeteria, Cam bursts through the door, excitedly. "Gwen!" she screeches. She's got a wild smile on her face, and a piece of paper in her hand. "We're gonna be famous!" I furrowed my brows at her. "Look at this!" she exclaimed, practically shoving the flyer in my hand.  It read:

CASTING CALL

ARE YOU A FRESHMAN? ARE YOU AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD? ARE YOU A STUDENT WHO WANTS TO DOCUMENT THEIR COLLEGE CAREER? COME AUDITION FOR OUR NEW SHOW: TRU LIFE.

AUDITIONS WILL BE HELD ON STONE QUAD ON SEPTEMBER 9TH FROM 12 PM- 5 PM!

WE HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!!

"So, it's like College Hill?" I asked.
Cam shrugged. "Yeah, I guess so! And we should do it!"

I hand Cam back the flyer. "I'm not tryna be on TV, where all my business will be aired out. I'm cool on that." I said again.

Cam folds her arms. "Hell, what's the harm? So you'll be more visible. Big deal! This is only gonna help you in the long run. Let's say you don't wanna be in school anymore— you won't need to worry about how to make your money because all you gotta do is host some shit. You can be like all the other reality TV girls. We're doing it, period."

"Yeah, well good luck making me do it." I said.

"There's gonna be a million and one people auditioning. Our chances of getting on this show are slim to none, but i think we should audition anyway, just for the hell of it. So you might as well say yes, 'cause we're gonna do it, either way so..."

I chuckled incredulously. "You're not gonna let this go, huh? Fine, we'll audition for this raggedy ass show."

Cam shrieked. "YOU'RE THE GREATEST!" she said, giving me a quick hug and running into our room. I rolled my eyes. Then, I made my way to  the cafeteria, where I spotted Tracey. I waved at her and got my food. Then, I walked back over to where she was and sat down. "Hey, girl." I greeted, taking a bite of my bagel.
"Hey, did you hear about auditions for that new show?"

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah."

She laughs. "Why did you roll your eyes? You're not gonna go to auditions?"

I sighed in response. "Man, I'ma go. Cam told me I should do it so I don't have to worry about money. She's fully expecting to get famous off this show and would rather I try out alongside her. Annoying ass."
Tracey chuckles. "Annoying? Shit, I wouldn't know. Girl acts like I don't even exist. I hate to admit it but I'm so jealous of you."

I raised my eyebrows. "Trust me, living with her is... something. You don't have shit to be jealous of."

"Yeah, but she seems to take a liking to you. Y'all have been stuck together like glue since you got here. I was here during the early bird program with her and since then we have only hung out together once. It kind of sucks."

"What did I tell you before? Don't worry about none of that. Either she wants you or she doesn't. Do not sit around waiting for the bitch to notice you. You've got ten more willing to be with you right this second. But no, you wanna waste all your time thinking about somebody who may not want to do all that with you. Hopefully she comes around, but don't wait around for her."

"Easy for you to say. Sis, you have been bagged by one of the finest people on campus."

"Bagged? Girl, please. To be bagged means I'm in a relationship. I'm not."

"Tell that to KP. How do you do it? How do you get people to like you so quickly?" she asks.

I chuckled at her. "I don't know what it is about me that people like these days. Look at me. I'm a fucking mess. I ain't had my eyebrows done in forever, I swear I'm getting peach fuzz, and I lowkey think I'm breaking out. But that's why I'm telling you not to compare yourself to me or anybody else. It doesn't matter how good you look or how much money you have. It doesn't matter how relatable or bitchy somebody is. You never know what people are looking for in others. And you know I'm not even looking at Cam like that. So you don't even have to worry. I guess when you're ready to bag her, find me and she'll be nearby. Since you think we're besties and everything."

She chuckled. "Has she mentioned Alexis lately?"

"We are not talking about Cam or anything related to her, Tracey. Now, I take it you'll be auditioning for the show, too."

"Yeah, I am. I can't wait. But I'm scared, too, y'know?"

"Me, too. I can't believe I let myself get talked into it. This is the first time I've succumbed to peer pressure. Wow, what an event."

Tracey started to crack up. "Yeah, you'll probably fall for it a couple more times."