Aftermath

The next morning, I awoke in KP's bed. I could hear her breathing softly in my ear, as she had her arms wrapped around me. I looked around the room so I could see what time it was. Then I spotted the toy that I won for KP on the dresser. Next to that was her digital clock. It said that it was 6:21 in the morning. It made sense. It was still pretty dark outside, but I had woken up out of hunger. The whole time I was doing all this, I felt something itching against my thighs. I went down to scratch the itch and felt this big ass silicone tube. I look down and realize I'm wearing a damn flesh colored strap. When the fuck--? I moved KP's arms off of me slowly, so she wouldn't wake up. I carefully slid out of the bed and took the strap off. Just then, I had flashbacks of KP holding on to me for dear life while she rode her life away last night. I smirked to myself and looked around for my clothes. I noticed that I felt an aching movement any time I tried to walk anywhere. I must've had a turn being a cowgirl, too. I softly groaned as I made my way out of there to the living room, where I found all of our clothes. It looked a fucking mess in here. After putting my clothes on and tidying up, I heard my stomach rumbling. I needed to eat something, and fast! I went inside the bathroom to check myself in the mirror real quick and gasped when I saw my neck covered in fucking hickeys. I didn't have any makeup so it's not like I can conceal it or anything. Shit, I guess I would have to buy some. Until then, I'd have to wear turtlenecks or something. Hmm. I splash some water on my face in order to reduce any crustiness I had going on. I walk back out, making sure to grab my stuff. I also grabbed the half-empty bag of chips on my way out, then I headed back to my dorm.

I snuck into my dorm room, making sure to close the door quietly so Cam wouldn't hear me. I started to get my shower caddy ready so I could wash myself off. Just then, I heard the door open. In walks Cam. I turned the lights on to scare her, which was successful. She let out a screech and crossed her arms when she heard me laughing. "Don't scare me like--what the hell is that on your neck?!" she asked, covering her mouth. She walks over to me and sits me down on my nearby desk chair. "Bitch, are you okay? Why does it look like somebody attacked you?" She examines my neck as I chuckle. "Cat." I replied, to which Cam scoffs. "See, I never did like cats. Them lil hoes all got rabies, I know it!" she says. "We need to get that thing put down!" she exclaims. I chuckle some more.

"Cam." I said again, in a low voice. "Cat. Our code? You know."

Her eyes grew wide when she realized what I was talking about. She hopped right up. "Damn, it's like that?!" she exclaimed. She laughed as she traced over my battle scars, aka my red, swollen neck. "Damn, Gwen. Looks like you had quite the time. So that's why you were out all night. With KP, huh?" she asked.

I tried not to laugh. "Maybe, maybe not."

Cam gives me a look of doubt.

"Yes, her." I admitted.

She folds her arms and playfully shakes her head. "Nasty, nasty girl." she says, making us both giggle.

"Fuck outta here." I exclaim. "I know you ain't calling me nasty. You walked in later than I did."

"Okay, you got me. Kleo, man... she knows how to make ya girl sweat. However, we cut that hickey shit out pretty early on. Just didn't like too many folks in our business. You look like you were in a fight with a vampire squirrel and lost. You're gonna get so many stares. So many stares." she says, shaking her head.

"Actually, I've got something for you." she says, walking over to her desk. She opens the drawer and searches it for a bit. Then, she goes to the other side of of the desk and opens that draw. "A-ha!" she exclaims when she picks up this bottle thing. She closes her drawer and hands me the bottle thing. "That is concealer. You put it on your skin so it can be even. I don't use it that much, but it definitely comes in handy. Now, uh..." she begins this last sentence while she's looking at my skin and her own. "We're not the same tone, but we're not too far off. So, this may not be an exact match, but it'll have to do." she says.

"How do you use this?" I asked.

"You put little dots all over the place you're trying to cover, and then you rub it out with a sponge or your finger or something. Be very careful and try not to use a whole bunch at a time. It's so easy to waste and quite frankly the shit is too expensive for all that. Just slide it back to me once you're done with it."

"Small dots, and then rub it in.... okay. Thanks, Cam!" I said. I sat the concealer down and went and washed myself up. Then, I came back to the room and fell back asleep.

I woke up a few hours later and checked my phone. KP had texted me.

My room . 8 PM. No questions. Just come through.

I furrowed my eyebrows. Just who the hell does she think she is? Meet in her room? For what? I mean, I had let her hit and everything, but that didn't mean I was ready for it to pop off again.

I replied back.

Why?

She replied back quickly.

KP: Don't worry 'bout it. Make sure you're there.

Me: Whatever.

KP: Rawr, being that feistiness with you.

Annoying ass.

Throughout the day, I had become busy. I had been hanging out with my friends and had been exhausted. After having such a blast exploring the town with KP, I felt like I could do the same thing with the "crew". Tracey, Alexis, Cam, and I had been on our way to visit SkyZone and the skating rink when we encountered Iggy. After a small chat, we invited her to come with us. Fuck it. The more, the merrier, right? After having a great time, Cam and I got back to our room at around 6 PM and fell asleep. I knew I needed to rest before I passed out somewhere.

I awoke to the sound of arguing. I turned to the other side, because I figured Cam was on the phone with somebody. I knew how that was, getting  so excited that you forget other people are in the room with you. When you yell, it's just because the person on the other line is testing your nerves. I get it. So, instead of being mad, I just tried to close my eyes and go back to sleep again. But then, I heard two types of footsteps. I heard some that were heavy, as well as some that were lighter. I guess Neki was in here. Fine, whatever. I kept hearing the door creak. It couldn't have been the floor because we have carpet in here. Then, Cam's voice gets louder and I can hear another voice. A male voice. Then, I hear Cam struggling with the door, and telling the dude to get away from the door. By this time, I sit upright. I can now see that Cam has her back to the wall, trying to use the body weight to close the door. But the dude was already halfway into the room.

I rush to her aid, only just then noticing that Neki was cowering in the corner of Cam's bed. "She clearly doesn't want you here, dude. Go away!" I said, trying to use my own weight to close the door. I didn't care if dude lost a limb. He is not getting in here. "Fuck that!" He exclaims, and then proceeds to get his whole self in the room. Cam and I were still on the door, so we fell back as it closed behind him.

"Who the fuck is this?!" bellowed the dude, noticing Neki.

"It's none of your business, Angel!" Cam shrieks in response.

Angel?