My Giiirlfriends

The next morning, I woke up bright and early. I had already gotten ready for the day, and texted Trae to let her know I was ready. Hopefully she'd tell me she was ready, soon. I actually was excited to get to the museum. It had been the first time I'd gone to one in a long while. We decided to do an early morning trip 'cause we wanted to get there before it was too packed. We'd be on our way out before the crowding got too bad.

Cam was up too, but she was undressed. I didn't understand why. She had a little while to go before going on her brunch date, but she hadn't yet gone to get the flowers I recommended. I was trying to get her to score some extra points with Neki. Lavender is her favorite plant and I knew she still liked it. She always smelled like it. I wasn't gonna hound Cam about these damn flowers, though. I had already given her advice on how she can woo her girlfriend. If she didn't wanna take it, fine. Besides, it sounds like Neki will forgive her if she acts pitiful enough. Ahhh, toxic love. It'll do a number on ya.

Cam looked me up and down in pure disgust. It made me laugh. Why was she grilling me?! "You're really 'bout to ditch me, huh?"
I furrowed a brow. "How am I ditching you, when you're about to go out, too?"
"Yeah, but I made those plans after you said you wanted to hang out with somebody else."
"C'mon, Cam. I told you— Trae is a bit down, and I wanna cheer her up."
"Did it have to be on the day where we hang out?"
I sigh deeply. "We live together. We hang out every day. I gotta see my other friends, too." I sigh. "If it makes you happy, we can do something next week. Okay?"
She rolls her eyes. "Fine."
"Why are you still in bed? You need to be getting ready for your girlfriend." I remind her. She whines. "I will, I will." she says.
Just then, Trae tells me she's ready. So, I grab my stuff and head towards the door. Just before leaving, I turn back to Cam.
"I left the money on your desk. Tell Kleo I said 'hi', for me. Enjoy your date. See you later. Love you!" I say.

Then, I go down to Trae's room. I knock on the door. When it opens, I see Alexis standing before me. "Ooh, where you going?" I ask, looking her up and down. "With my man. He wouldn't tell me where he's gonna take me. He said it's a surprise."
I raise a brow. "Your location on?" I ask.
"Yeah." she says, just before we hear her phone ringing. "Oh, this him right now. Bye!" she says, walking right past me. I finally walk in Trae's room, seeing her stand at the foot of her bed, putting on her shoes. "You call the Uber?" she asks.
"Yeah, he should be here in like five minutes." I inform her.

A short while later, we were standing in the middle of the museum with their oversized pamphlet in hand. We both searched for an interesting exhibit to go to. There was a list of seventeen of them. Personally, I had an interest in the Picasso exhibit, as well as the Native American exhibit. We'd looking at some of Picasso's art in Bigazo's class. I'd love to see some of those pieces in person. But, this trip was all for Trae, so I wanted to make sure we saw all the ones she wanted to see. Then I'd drag her to the places I wanted to go. "So, where you wanna go first?"
She gasps. "Let's go see Rainbow Road!" She points to it. The paintings on the pamphlet looked nice. "We gotta go past the cafe and the jungle ex— nigga, there's a jungle exhibit? Oh, we definitely going over there!" I say. After getting through the directions, we made our way to the Rainbow Road exhibit.

We chat a little about what we were seeing, on the way to the exhibit. I was happy to finally be hanging out with my friend again. In the back of my mind, though, I thought of the situation between her and Cam. Now, Cam didn't give me much information to work with, so I had been working on trying to get it out of Tracey. The annoying part about it was that she never gave me a real reason to bring it up. She didn't even acknowledge Cam's existence these days. As nosey as I felt like being, I wasn't so sure I wanted to bring down the mood of this trip with all that. She seems like she's in a great mood now. I wanted to keep her in that space for as long as I could.

Our mouths drop as we stop just before the Rainbow Road exhibit a few minutes later. The whole wall was painted in a trippy rainbow pattern. It was giving kaleidoscope tease.
I decided now was time to bust out the art critiquing skill we wanted to improve. "When you look at this wall, what do you see?"
She giggles. "I see a very active river of color. It looks like it's moving." she points out. "But then it looks like I'm looking through a kaleidoscope."
"I feel you, that's what I was gonna say. I think this is what people see on LSD, or something."
She giggles. "No, that's not what you see on LSD."
I furrow my brows. "You've taken it?"
She shrugs. "Yeah. It's more like looking through an infrared camera or something. You really should try it."
"That sounds scary. No, thank you."
"Oh, stop. You'd be fine. It's not addictive...plus you get to see pop art in motion. What more could you ask for?"
I snicker. Why is this girl trying to get me to use drugs? First it was Cam tryna get a nigga to drink something. Now Tracey wants to introduce me to LSD. Somebody's gonna try to get me to do crack, next.
"Let's go in." I said.

By the time we sat down for lunch, we'd been walking around for four hours straight. "We gotta do this more often." I tell her.
She takes a bite of her food. "You're right, we should. Just let me know. I know you gotta find time to fit me into your busy schedule."
I giggle. "Stop it. You know I'll make time for you. Al you gotta do is ask."
She furrowed her brows. "I didn't really think there was any point in it. I mean, the only time I got to see you over the weekend was when you were sick. You're always with somebody else, otherwise." I distinctly recall going to the mall and hitting the club with her, but I got the gist of what she was saying.
I wrestle with the thought of mentioning the Cam thing. I just said I was gonna keep it to myself. But Trae is kind of giving me an opening to bring her up, though. "When I did want to do something, you said it was too late." she reminds me.
"Well, yeah. You came to me right before I was supposed to go skating with Cam. I mean... I'm sorry you felt left out". I say.
"I didn't feel left out until you guys completely stopped asking me to join you." she says. I felt bad, 'cause she really did seem hurt.
"I understand. I don't wanna make you feel like that. But I mean.... any time I brought up the idea of doing something, you never wanted to go."
"I'm a homebody, I can't help it. But the rare times I do wanna go out, hearing 'no' kind of sucks."
"I get it." I tell her. "And I remember you telling me you wanted to ask Cam out but couldn't 'cause she always had prior engagements with me."
She giggles. "Prior engagements? You make it sound so formal." she points out.
"I know. So, look. I think you should just ask Cam out whenever you think of a fun date idea, or something. You said she always uses me as an excuse, right? Well, if you get to her before any plans are made, you're in there like swimwear!"
She chuckles softly. "That won't be necessary."
I suspected that she would say that. Now, I could really get the answers I wanted. So, I asked a follow up question.
"So, what? Do she be asking you out, or something?" I asked. She ignores that question and asks one of her own. "Girl... how is KP? I haven't seen her around in a bit."
"Oh, she's good. She been a lil' busier than usual, this week. I'm taking her out next weekend. I'm not set on which day— so if you wanna hang out, I'll schedule the date accordingly, since you swear I don't ever wanna chill with you."
She laughs. "It wasn't that, it was just.... ah, it doesn't even matter. I'm glad you think enough of me to extend an invite to hang out, again."
I giggle. "Of course. You're my best friend. I feel like we've been hanging out a little less than before. And I want us to get back to where we were."
Tracey nods her head slowly. "Yeah, I've just been busy with my schoolwork, and then I took a little time to myself. My bad, I just was in a bit of a funk."
"I feel you. Do you wanna... talk about it?"
"Maybe in the future. I'm still trying to work through it, you know?"
Now I was convinced the Cam thing didn't work out. Maybe that's why she didn't answer my question. I knew her funk was in relation to Cam, somehow. I just hated that she wouldn't open up to me. She was being tight lipped about the whole thing. Cam was more open about it but she was still vague. I would have to sit down with Alexis to see if she got any further than I did.

⭐️ Vote/Comment⭐️