Hmm..

A week later, I had been preparing myself to take my first English exam of the year. I had been studying, but not as hard as I should have been. I had been preoccupied, perhaps too much, with Araya and KP. I still got my study sessions in, but I have to admit that I wasn't 100 percent focused. I was going to make this study session count, especially considering I had to take this bullshit later on today. Also I had other things on my mind, such as the audition. I promised to try out for TRU Life with Cam but I was still feeling nervous about that. I'm not sure how I feel about my life possibly being on blast for all to see. I couldn't see myself getting out of this situation unscathed. It doesn't matter how many people like me on this show, there's always gonna be someone that doesn't and spread complete bullshit around. I took a deep sigh. Whatever, I need to focus on this damn test. I cracked my book open and started to read.

I had gotten a good hour of studying in when Araya sent me a message. I opened it and realized very quickly what type of time she was on. It was a nude picture of her, with her legs spread, showing off her essence, as well as her nails. Under the message, it said "Come get it." I was truly faced with a dilemma. It had been like five days since I last paid her a visit, but I had put myself on restriction since then. I knew that I could go a long time without being with anybody with no problem. But as soon as she sent me that message, I contemplated dropping everything and just going. I glanced at the clock. It was now about 11:30. I had First Year Seminar in a little bit and had to take my English test soon after. But then there was a whole naked girl waiting for me in her room. I then thought about the school's absence policy. You could miss three classes without lowering your grade for every class that meets at least twice a week. I stood up and put my backpack on and walked outside of my room. To where I was going, I didn't really know. Shortly after I made it off my floor, Araya had sent another picture of her, this one of her whole bare torso. One arm held both breasts, leaving her pierced belly button exposed, glimmering in the light. I smirked as I made my way to Araya's room.

When it came time to take my English exam, it took everything for me to focus. They say you gain so much clarity after sex, but I couldn't stop thinking about it. I didn't know what it was about Araya but I'd noticed that she was not too far from my mind, and that had been the case since I got here. I didn't know her very well, but I definitely wanted to now. I didn't know what it was that I liked about her, specifically. Physically she looked like a model but I'm talking personality wise. Maybe I liked the way she talked to me. Maybe it was the way she held my chin while commanding me to something nasty to her. Maybe I liked how she smelled of fresh flowers. Maybe I liked how she had the perfect mixture of aggression and submission.
It could be the way she stares at me when she thinks I'm not paying attention. She always looked like she wanted to go at it with me at any time.
I try to refocus on the test before me and finally manage to finish it twenty minutes later. I walk out of the classroom, praying I made at least an 80. I felt fairly confident in the answers I chose, but the last time I felt that way I had only scored a 78.

I looked at my clock. Almost time for the audition. I decided to sit out on the bench that sits right in front of the quad. From afar, I could see a million cameras and a backdrop. There was a line of students waiting to get their shot at being in front of those cameras. Instantly, my stomach churned. I felt a million emotions at the same time. On one hand I was horrified at the thought of trying out for TV. On the other hand, I was still reliving what went down with Araya and how much I was starting to get attached to her. But then I bit my lip at the thought of KP. I hadn't spoken to her in a little while. She hasn't made an effort to contact me past day 3 of me giving her shorthand answers. At the end of the day, I couldn't put her over my study time. It was crazy because I met her first but Araya could text me and 8 out of 10 times she could get me to drop whatever I was doing.

I glanced at my clock. There was still ample time to try out. I didn't know where the hell Cam was. I'm actually confused that I finished that test before she did. With what importance academics has to her, I'm sure she gave herself a good period of study time. She knew the tryouts were today, too. I would think she was so excited about it that she'd finish in five minutes.

I hang out on the bench, texting back and forth with Araya and Tracey, when Cam shows up. "Hey! You ready?" she asks me with a wide smile. "No." I replied, answering honestly. "Great, let's go!" she exclaims, grabbing me by the hand and dragging me to the line. As we stood there, I noticed Iggy standing directly in front of us. She noticed us first. "Hey, you're trying out, too?" she asked. I smirk. "Yup. Mostly here for Cam."
She must've seen me looking around nervously. "First time being in front of a bunch of cameras?"
"Yeah." I said.
Iggy smiles. "Nothing to be afraid of, unless you're in the witness protection program."
I chuckle.
"Speaking of that," Cam intervened. "Kleo made this big stink about being in front of cameras. Girl a technophobe like no other. She doesn't even have any pictures of her online anywhere. I was like 'what are you, in the witness protection program?' She didn't do anything except giggle wildly.

I chuckle nervously for both Neki and myself. Cam had no idea how right she was. I couldn't help but think that Neki had to be on high alert. She had revealed to me that people in programs like that are urged to stay away from cameras and social media to avoid any detection. I had no idea if she was still hiding from anybody but considering she still goes by an alias, my guess is she is. I shake my head, carrying on conversation with them until it was our turn to step in front of the camera.

"Next", called the crew members. There were three sets of backdrops with cameras in front of them. Iggy had stepped forward, and Cam began to step forward when she noticed the horrified look on my face.

"Oh, no. You are doing this, Gwen." she says, pulling me forward by the hand. Even though my mind seemed to be totally against this, my feet moved along willingly.

Fuck. Here we go, then.