chapter five

unstripped

"My Queen, my King seeks council with you."

She groaned and tried to hide underneath Julian. "Too early. Go away."

"I would like to point out that it is nearing the noon meal, my Queen."

"I would like to point out where you and your King can shove it." Her voice was muffled, but the computer seemed to have no issue understanding her threat.

"Is that a denial of his request?" It asked.

"It is a fucking no."

"She said no, you empty box of lights. Next time she's sleeping good, and you wake her up, I'm going to find your plug." Now Julian was awake, and he thumped the band on his wrist. "Asshole."

"My King, your request was denied."

"I heard. We cannot put this matter off any longer. My Queen, I suggest you make yourself presentable."

She stiffened at the sound of his voice and she hated the thrill that went through her.

Julian stiffened and sat up. "Get your ass out of here!"

A tip of a sword was directed in Julian's direction.

Seeing it, she pushed the hair back out of her face, and she gave a quick sweep of the room.

There were at least nine guards crammed into her room in full military dress. What she was assuming was their full military dress. Black candora, sleeves and skirts, and enough shiny metal to blind someone. Except for one who wore the same get up except in grey. Kellum wore the set of robes she'd known he'd have somewhere. The same robes the advisors were wearing when they destroyed her life.

None of that mattered. A tip of a sword was directed in Julian's direction.

The sword at Frick's side was suddenly in her hand. She pushed Julian down and climbed over him with every intention of killing the girl in front of her.

Julian grabbed her around the waist about the same time as Karr's weapon went missing. Which would not stop her from dying.

Karr immediately bowed her head and took a knee.

"She will not fight you, Jessalynn."

His calm voice pissed her off even more. "Good. She'll be easier to kill."

The sword in her own hand disappeared.

"Babe__."

"Don't. That's twice she's thought to harm you. Bitch's about to learn___."

Karr was gone.

She growled and faced Kellum. "Bring her back."

"You are my Queen and if you ask for her to be punished, then she will be. If you ask for her position to be stripped, then it will be. I only ask that you wait to hand out retribution until you are calm and thinking clearly."

She growled again.

"Babe, she's been trained her entire life to protect him and his honor. No different from you flushing when you get up from the toilet seat."

"This is your room. How dare she come in here and____?"

"Technically, this is your room, and he should not be here. He damn sure should not be here while you're wearing that."