chapter forty-nine

unquestionably

When she woke up, and he wasn't there, it hurt. After the night they shared it would have been nice if__.

He appeared in front of her. "Do not be distressed, Jessalynn."

"New tradition. No matter what time it is, we wake the other to tell them good morning."

"There is much to see to. Dezrick is still concern about__."

"No work until after our morning kiss."

He looked at her, but she could tell he wasn't as bothered by it as he was pretending to be.

She giggled when she was moved from the center of the bed to his side of it.

"Good morning, Jessalynn."

"Good morning, Kellum." She puckered her lips with a twinkle in her eyes.

He leaned in closer but paused right before his lips would have touched hers.

"I am still afraid." He admitted softly.

"Of me?"

"Of there being no me without you."

She nodded solemnly. "Then you should be afraid. I won't be happy until there's no you without me and no me without you. If you want any chance of surviving, then you should leave now."

She could feel his need to kiss her, and her heart skipped a beat.

"Close your eyes." She ordered softly.

He didn't want to. He wanted to look at her, needed to.

"Close your eyes."

He did.

"Now fall." She pressed her lips to his.

His arms snaked around her and pulled her flushed to him.

Closing her eyes, she fell with him. Hungrily, her lips met his, and he groaned, pulling her closer. The full force of her need scared even her. How had she survived one moment without this man? He was everything to her. The blood in her veins, the air in her lungs. Her heart only beat to the sound of his. "Kellum."

"Do not ever leave me again."

"I would rather give up life then to ever have to learn to live without you again."

Still cradling her into his arms, he laid her back against the bed and covered her with this body. After watching the tear that rolled down her cheek, he watched her eyes swell with the unshed ones.

"You are beautiful." He whispered, and there was no doubt that he did see her as beautiful.

Her hair was a mess laying all around her. Her lips were swollen from his, and his eyes touched on all of it like a soft caress.

"Jessalynn."

"What do you want from me, Kellum?"

His glanced moved back to hers. "Everything."

She reached to unfasten his candora, and he let her. Once his chest was bare, she laid her hand over his mark.

Slowly, he pushed her shirt up over her head. He took the time to study her mark since this was the first time he's been able to do so without a room full of people watching him.