chapter ten

uninhibited

His military committee sat before him. Some of the strongest, smartest men under his command. There were twenty of them in all. Some in charge of their ground force, some head of air forces. There were nine in charge of their technology force and three in charge of readying their global defense.

"It will not be ready in time, My King. We will expand it enough to cover most of the states of the united, but the rest of this world will remain defenseless."

"What is our time frame?"

"Twenty-eight days and counting, to expand the boundaries. Seventy-four days, eight hours, and ten minutes and counting, for the oncoming spacecraft to be in our atmosphere."

Another man waited for a nod. "If they continue at the speed they are maintaining, they will be in communication range in thirty days and three hours. My King, most of us are still in agreement that we should not wait on them to come to us."

"Agreed. Have we notified the people of the changes beginning tomorrow?" Kell questioned the men in charge of his army.

"We have, my King. We are working hard to see to specifications. A small team will leave in the morning with Leader Axum in charge. The second team will leave at noon. Leader Papasan will command that mission."

The acid spitting race. They had proved too dangerous to keep on this planet. Three were in the infirmary. Seepers. Four of them, and they were not worth the trouble they caused. They were animal like and thought of very little other than eating and attacking.

His people have spent the last month trying to figure out where they came from, but with no luck.

They were not a wealth of information and the Ratkilgon's were not much for paperwork.

It had been decided to drop them off on Mars. A barbaric plan, but they were left with little options. They could not stay here and with their characteristics it was reasoned a perfect solution. An uninhibited planet and beings who could thrive within that atmosphere.

"And the retribution station one?"

Comtel sat, and Dragoman stood with a bow of his head. "A complete success, my King. It was not hard to require every bit of entail from their mother board. Ciphering it is underway and we see no issues obtaining our goal."

"Any issues keeping them contained?"

"No, my King. There have been no more breaches with the new protocols in place. The compounds are proving useful and remain hidden per safety procedures. The Ratkilgons possess no real threat other than their brute force, which is not an obstacle for us."

"The antidote?"

"Several of us met with the medical staff in charge and they foresee no problem administering the drug and getting a positive outcome. Until then, our holding facility is doing its job. Every soldier, medical advisor, and scientist working with the infidels has continued to come back with a clean bill of health."

"My King, the human Julian requests a meeting immediately. Would you like me to____?"

"No, Dezrick, I will see him. Direct him to my room. Leaders, this concerns my Queen and must be seen to. I would like to resume this meeting after the noon meal. Meanwhile, I want the data and statistics from the Mars project sent to me. I also want every one of you to go over the committee packet that was put together yesterday. I know it is not in your jurisdiction, but I would like a success assessment from every committee on the subject."