chapter forty-six

uneaten

            The ship was identical to the other one, but on a smaller scale. In the center of the ship would be the worst of the prisoners. The two inner rings would be the ones considered slaves. The women of other races.

            The outer three rings would be the warrior women and their love slaves.

            Jess found herself and her security team standing in the common room that the women should be using.

            Only this common room was used as a sleeping area, not an area for eating. Several women laying on pallets stared at them but in no way tried to move or speak.

            Seeing how thin and abused they were really pissed her off.

            Not as pissed as her guy was when he was suddenly standing in front of her.

            "Save it for later, Hun."

            He nodded, then ordered. "Remember, you are not to remove any collars. From anyone."

            She nodded to let him know she understood. She went to the closest women to her and kneeled in front of them. "Dez, ready medical."

            "We have a secure location ready, my Queen."

            She had no problem leaving the fighting to the others. While they filed out, she went about transferring victims.

            Maybe Kellum could see them as a threat, but she refused to see them that way. Not that long ago she was them.

            Her men stayed behind with her and stood guard as she made nearly a dozen trips.

            When she returned after delivering the last woman, only Damous was left in the room waiting for her.

            "My Queen, the men have checked the other rooms. This was the only one containing slaves."

            "Victims. Are you sure?"

            "Yes, my Queen. Our men are in combat. Most on board are males. Less than two hundred and only a hundred Ratkilgons. It will be a short fight, my Queen. Other than these women, very few wear the collars so my King would like you to go back and help with the victims."

            "I just bet he would."

            He must know her well, because he had his sword out and was in a fighting stance when Jess touched his shoulder and sent them both to where she could feel Kellum.

            Arriving in the thick of battle, Damous pushed her behind him and he attacked any who got too close. Kell was at her back and was fighting two of the largest brutes she'd ever seen in her life. She stood to their knees. They were also green and oozed some really gross shit from their skin.

            Seeing her, one of them turned from Kellum and swung his sword at her. Before she had to worry about it, Damous was there to fight him off. Leaving her bad ass guard to it, Jess decided she'd watched one too many Buffy's when she took a running start and slid beneath Damous' fighting partner, so she could get back to Kellum's side. Once there and still on her knees, she touched the oaf, messing with her guy.

            Lucky for her, the cells where she was kept were the same aboard this ship. The giant barely fit in the damn thing, and she figured him, and the occupant already in the cell, deserved each other since he tried to shoot fire at her as she disappeared.

            Feeling Kellum coming, she only moved to the other side of the door. No way did she want him in the cell with those two.

            Arms went around her quickly, and she learned two very important lessons. One, bloodsuckers didn't just have two sharp teeth, they had dozens of them and two, once lightheaded she wasn't good at disappearing.

            Not that she didn't have it under control. The damn thing went to his knees in pain.

            That didn't stop Kellum from killing it.

            Her dude seemed angrier at her than the vampire alien he just killed. He paled as he looked at her, holding her neck.

             "Dezrick, do not let her leave her room."

            Seeing the stainless-steel walls around her, she screamed. "Kellum!" When she couldn't go back, she screamed again. "Dez, let me out of here or I'll fry your ass."

            "You know I am unable to do so, my Queen. From my studies of the alien that bit you, I am fairly certain that you do not have to worry about contracting any type of disease, but I would like to be sure. Could you place some of your blood on the countertop, my Queen?"

            "Bite me, Dez. How dare he trap me here?" She was so upset she didn't even try to talk anymore, she just grunted and growled as she looked around for something to hit. To throw.

            "My Queen, the wounds from such a bite continue to bleed until stopped. They feed quickly and I am concerned you lost more blood than my King would like. The pink liquid I put on the counter will stop you from losing any more blood. The thick white liquid will___."

            The two things he mentioned were the only things she could throw but watching them hit the wall did little to calm her. "Fuck that. I can damn well bleed to death for all I care. I won't take one damn treatment until that asshole is standing in front of me, and if there's one damn mark on him, then you're going to be eating my fist, you metal piece of junk."

            She said a lot more, but she was so pissed off she didn't even know what she was saying. She marched and she damn sure got angrier by the minute.