chapter sixty-six

unending

            The darkness tried to appeal to her. It teased her heated flesh with a cool touch. It made promises of a place that didn't hurt anymore.

            She wondered if her mom would be waiting in the darkness. If she went, could Kellum find her there?

            It reminded her of Pensley's hidden chamber, and panic filled her. Was she locked away like he was? Would she be unable to find her way back to Kell this time?

            Not one voice called to her, but many. She followed the voices because she knew that was where he would be.

            Jess forced her eyes opened so she could see him. That was the only one of her senses left she could trust. It was the only way to know he was near.

            He was troubled, and seeing it made her whole being hurt. She needed to ease his suffering.

            "That is right, Jessalynn. Stay with me. You must help us. We cannot do it on our own."

            Her fingertips touched his damp cheek. "Tell me how to heal you?"

            "By not leaving me. Look at me and do not let go."

            "She's right. We aren't just trying to heal her. We have to heal both of them." She heard Adrian say from near by. "They are one."

            Before she could close her eyes, Kell let her stand. Her legs couldn't have supported her without his arms there to hold her upright.

            "They are playing our song, Jessalynn. Dance with me."

            "I think... you're hearing things." To make sure, she glanced up at the clear blue sky and tried to hear. The only sounds were the sound of a distant ocean and some soft chanting. The breeze stirred, and she knew it was because of Young-rae.

            "Dance with me, my Jessalynn. Tell me how much you love me."

            "Always."

            "I need to feel it. That is your gift. Use it so I can feel your love. I need you, Jessalynn."

            His eyes spoke of the depth of his love for her. "My arms long for you." She whispered as she clung to him.

            "Yes. Sing to me, Jessalynn. Just for me. Wrap your love around me. It seems like an eternity since I have felt it."

            She felt her love swirl within her. The fire that raged her body soon drowned the warm swirls out. It threatened to consume her, but she wasn't scared of it anymore. That fire was her love for him, and it had built up inside of her for so long it needed some place to go.

            "Kellum, don't be afraid." She could barely manage the whisper plea before it spilled over and then erupted from her.

            She felt his sharp intake of breath, so she tried to pull it back, but he and the others around them wouldn't allow her to.

            Cool to the touch for the first time in days, she panicked to see that she'd transferred all the fire and pain to him. His mark scorched her hand as she touched it. "I___."

            "Shh, Jessalynn. I am okay. It is already dimming."

            He didn't have to say it, she could feel it. She could feel his love. His pride and his wonder at how much she had to give him.  

            Sighing, she kissed him. "You did it."

            "No, Jessalynn, you did it. You did not even need the others to help. It was always you."

            He must have felt how weakened she was because he swept her into his arms. "I have you and I am never letting you go."

            Now that his mark was cool to the touch, she kissed it and laid her cheek next to it.

            "Now that you have me, what are you going to do with me?" She teased, so she could see that half smile she loved so much.

            Instead of giving it to her, his eyes heated.

            "Oh, hell, Kellum. About damn time." His love was needed but she needed his desire nearly as much.

            Kellum made Everyone disappeared from around them and a bed appeared.

            Jess smiled. "A girl could get used to this. I guess it's not so bad being queen."

            His touch was tender. "We could wait till you are stronger."

            "With every touch, I get stronger. Dez, you know the drill."

            "Harm to my non-human form if I let any one interrupt. Yes, I know, my Queen. I would like to point out that___."

            "Shut up. Dez." She ordered as her mate claimed her lips.
              Finally everything was just as it should be. Jess whispered words of love but they were unneeded. He could feel everything she was feeling and she could feel everything he was feeling. He was completely hers and he wasn't going to let anything get in his way from finally claiming her.
             His need weakened her.

            His kiss caused another wildfire, but this one she was eager for. She shivered as he held out his hand, and the shirt she was wearing appeared in it.

            His eyes full of desire, his hands trembled as he dropped her garment. "I've been waiting my whole life for you. For this moment. For all the moments with you."

            "I once feared ever feeling this way but I'm not afraid anymore." She promised.

            How much he wanted her stirred and threaten to run out of control. He wanted her every bit as much as she wanted him.

            His kiss left her breathless, and she felt like this was her very first time, too. Because this was her first time with the one man she was meant to be with.

            "Are you sure you are not scared? I feel fear and I know it is not from me." His words were whispered against her heated flesh.

            "The only thing I'm scared of is that you'll stop."

            "There's no me without you."

            She pressed herself against him. "There's no me without you. There hasn't been since that first kiss."

            He eased her back onto the bed and covered her with his body. The rest of their clothes were gone, and his eyes held every promised she'd ever wanted. They held every dream she'd ever dared to dream, and all the love one person could handle. She held on to him because she knew he wasn't going to just give her the stars and wind this time. She knew the entire universe waited for her.