Chapter 7

Germany kept watch as Italy slept. The man sat by the fire that he had made. Italy's head rested on the Germanic country's lap. Germany watched the stars that were beginning to appear in the sky.

The creatures stared at Prussia, who stared right back. Suddenly, they both moved to attack, startling the Prussian slightly.

England stood up, still hidden between the layers of the walls. He slowly started to climb the inside of the vine-wall, careful to stay quiet. The vines swayed, knocking England into the metal wall a few feet off the ground. A jolt went through the man, causing him to let out a small Yelp. He blinked away the pain only to look down and see the monster coming towards him. He continued to scramble upwards, the monster approaching quickly. He let out a scream as the monster bit into his leg, firmly grabbing it between his jaws. America called out to him in a panicked fashion. "England?! England!!" The monster slowly dragged England back to the ground, with the man thrashing around trying to escape the creature's grasp.

Canada continued to tug. Suddenly, the man fell backwards, as he was done pulling and the resistance that had left made him unbalanced. Canada stared at disbelief and horror, unable to move.

All that was there was a dusty, worn out scarf.

The Spanish man woke up to being jerked back and forth. "Spain.. Idiot.... Spain.." Romano whispered, still trying to wake up the man. Spain opened his eyes, greeted by a scared looking Romano. "What is it??" Romano shushed him instantly by covering his mouth for a couple of seconds. "Shut up. I thought I head something...." Romano whispered, edgily looking around. Spain and Romano sat in silence, waiting for something to break the tension.

Japan reached for the top, just a few inches away. The space between the walls was really starting to narrow down, squishing the man slightly. He knew any longer and it would mean being crushed. Japan pulled the top half of his body out, then pulled one leg out to straddle the wall. He tried to pull the other one out only to panic slightly because he couldn't. He looked down to see vines wrapped around his leg. He bit his tongue as his leg was crushed, successful in breaking his leg in many different places. He gripped the wall tightly forcing himself not to scream out. The wall retracted, moving away slowly. Japan pulled out his now broken and bloody leg, examining the damage. He ripped off the sleeves to make bandages. 'I think that's... Bone...' He wrapped it up, trying to stop the blood from pouring out.