Chapter 21

Japan nodded silently as Germany finished. "As for Italy, I don't know exactly what happened to him..." Japan sighed. "It looks like he has been through a lot..." "Ja... He also had this panic attack earlier, but I couldn't understand it." Japan absently nodded again, deep in thought. Whatever sounds that he could hear earlier were quiet, but then a loud voice boomed "All right. We got orders above to move attacks along. Attack lane 3 first, before they get comfy. As in now. Send in the animals. We have to get this going people, lane 2 next with th-" A shout from Germany interrupted. "JAPAN WATCH OUT!" Japan looked up to see Germany, outstretched in front of him. A second of confusion had settled in Japan's mind, before he heard the sickening sound of something piercing through a body.

China looked around slowly. He held his chest tightly, his breathing ragged. He felt disoriented, for every which way he looked, there was nothing. Pitch black surrounded him, an unsettling feeling sinking into the man's roots. He stood up, wobbling on his feet. Lights flew on, causing the man to close his eyes at the sudden brightness.

America slept calmly, his sleep undisturbed by the noise of the leaves of the wall rustling. He curled up in a ball in his sleep, next to the body of a fellow nation. He snuggled closer, breathing in the familiar scent of England, but that was uncomfortably associated with the smell of blood.

Spain sighed as he was caught by a wall. He ordered Romano to hold onto him as he climbed, Romano doing so with out a syllable of disagreement for there was simply no time. Spain started to climb, but Romano could see that the cockroaches were catching up fast. He watched as Spain tried to go faster, but only failed and ended up falling behind. 'At this rate we won't make it,' Romano thought to himself as he watched the cockroaches climb. He shook his head, knowing that there was only one possibility where someone survived. "You better make it out of this Hell hole, or else I'm going to haunt your ass!" He said to Spain. It took Spain a second to realize what he meant, and it was the same second Romano let go and fell backwards. "NO! ROMA!" Spain screamed out as he watched Romano fall, each millisecond feeling like an hour as Romano fell. "GO!" Romano yelled, then hit the ground with a thunk. Spain was frozen for a moment, before continuing up the wall with tears streaming down his face.