Chapter 17

Germany tended to Italy's reopened wounds, quietly pondering about the nation's worried panic. He glanced over to the now dead fire, wondering if it had to do with earlier. He could hear footsteps faintly in the distance, and ignored them as they were slow and quite far away.

The Prussian sat up. "Aw yeah, guess who's back and better then ever you losers!" He exclaimed, smiling. Canada and China sighed. "Let's get walking, before we waste more daylight." Canada softly said, standing up. He was followed by China, then Prussia.

America sat on top of the wall, pondering if England was really going to be coming back, for the body still had no signs of life coming from it. He pushed the thought aside as quickly as it came. Even if England didn't come back on his own, surely he could get help from others, right? 'I mean, England always talked about magic and stuff maybe someone else knows stuff like that..' America didn't even realize exactly what he thought in his mind.

He referred to England in the past tense.

Romano started to hear a strangely familiar sound in the distance. He started to shake his head in disbelief. He gave up on waking the Spanish man for a moment to look back from where they came. He couldn't see anything, but the sound slowly became louder. "Dammit! Not again! Spain, wake up! You bastard wake up this second!"

Japan continued to walk, his limp clearly visible to anyone who could see or hear for the out of pace steps gave it away. He still couldn't hear out of his right ear, but the ringing was sounding different than before. It was almost as if it was muffled voices talking. Japan strained to hear the voices as he carried on, and noted a small bundle of burnt twigs in the distance, along with something else he couldn't quite identify at the moment.