Chapter 29

Italy was surprised for sure when he heard fast footsteps running towards him. He was certainly more surprised when he was almost tackled backwards by a hug. He was about to scream, but then he realized it was human. "Romano! Don't run off like tha-" Spain started to yell, catching up. He stopped when he realized that it was Italy. "Romano...?" The figure held him tightly, not responding. "Roma was attacked. He cannot speak at the moment." Spain informed the younger Italian, noticing that the man had his eyes wrapped up. Italy just smiled and hugged the older Italian tightly. He started to feel water soak though his jacket. "Romano don't cry!~ it's okay!" Germany sat up. "What is going on here?" He noticed Spain and Romano. "Ah. I see." "Hola Germany!" Spain waved. "I'm surprised Japan hasn't woken by the ruckus also!" Spain added, oblivious to the condition of the Japanese man. This caused the German to cringe. "Actually... He's... He's gone." Spain let out a gasp. "Sorry! I had no idea!" He frowned. "Japan is dead.. Wow... I wonder how China will take it..." Germany nodded. "I think this is a good place to rest for now. We should keep look outs though." Spain nodded. "I agree, you look tired. Me and Romano will take the first shift!" Romano look over to Spain and gave him a 'what the hell did you just sign me up for' look. Spain laughed it off. "You rest, don't worry!" Spain said leaning against the vine wall.

Canada prepared his speech to the others in his head. 'Russia drowned in quicksand. China is lost, so I assume dead. Prussia was beheaded. America snapped his neck. England was attacked.' He stated bluntly in his head. He knew if he went into detail, he would end up crying. He let out a shaky sigh, and then realized something.

"What if I'm the only one left..?"

Russia and China walked along a dimly lit hallway, that looked like it hadn't been cleaned in years. China walked behind Russia, for the hallway would barely fit two people side by side. Russia sighed. "This is strange really, this whole thing." China looked at him oddly. "And you're just noticing this now, aru?"