Chapter 8

Germany stayed alert, knowing that whatever that injured Italy was most likely still out there. He idly played with the Italian's hair, careful to avoid the gravity defying curl. The presumably asleep man giggled. "It's hard to sleep like that you know, captain," Italy said. "Ah. Sorry. Go back to sleep." Germany was glad Italy couldn't see the light blush forming on his cheeks. "I wasn't sleeping..... I'm scared to..... And what about you?" Germany sighed. "You can't keep watch in that condition. I'll be fine, try to sleep." Italy nodded and snuggled closer to Germany.

Prussia continued to fight, now losing some energy due to the length of the battle. The creatures were swift, rarely giving the Prussian time to think.

England desperately took out his gun and fired at the creature. The bullet hit it in the shoulder. The creature growled and swiped at the gun, knocking it away and scratching his arm. The monster bit into England's chest, breaking the skin and puncturing the lungs. England screamed in pain. America was at the top of the wall now, just seeing what was going on. The creature shook the man back and forth, much like a dog with a chew toy. England tried to chant a spell but the metallic taste of blood filled his mouth. He slowly started to slip unconscious. The last thing he heard was a gunshot, then it all faded out.

Canada picked up the scarf, starting to get teary eyed. He knew though the Russian was a tad scary and childishly cruel at times, but the man didn't deserve to die. Canada slowly stood up, and wrapped his scarf around his neck. The Canadian started to climb up the wall again.

Spain and Romano sat there silently as the fire blazed on. After a few moments they both sighed in relief that nothing had emerged from the darkness.

Japan sat on top of the wall silently, almost completely done with the task of stopping the bleeding. He stayed where he was, afraid to move and cause more pain. He knew that the maze would try to kill him if he walked among the tops of the walls. That would be cheating. He studied the other areas carefully.