40- Dates

A week had passed and you still had no date and you were reminded of that everytime you entered your room because Ginny would ask if you already had a date. A bloody week had passed and you started to think maybe going alone wasn't so bad. Halfway through the week you also found out that Harry didn't have a date and he needed someone to dance with since he was going to be dancing in front of the whole school. Since neither of you could seem to get a date you both agreed to be each other's date if you weren't asked by the end of the week. 

You wanted to go with George but he hadn't asked you so you started thinking of other people to possibly go with. At first you thought about going with Lee but he had already asked Alicia. Roger had surprisingly managed to ask Fleur out and she supringly she said yes. Cedric had asked Cho out already and Adrian was waiting to ask Aurora since he was nervous. You knew Fred was going to ask Angelina it was just a matter of time. Neville had asked Ginny out and she said yes. Lastly you thought about going with Hermione but Viktor has already asked her out. The only other people you knew didn't have dates were Harry, Ron and George. Almost everyone else had a date.

For the last week you and Aurora had been almost inseparable. Going around the castle talking about many things like the Yule Ball but mostly Quidditch. During one of your study sessions with Cedric, Rogers and Aurora you found out that she was a huge fan of quidditch and well you two bonded over that and many other things you had in common.

"I would love to keep this conversation going (y/n) but if we do we are going to be late for dance class" Aurora said as you both stopped in the corridor.

"Agreed. Want to continue after dinner"

"Of course. I'll see you then" she waved at you as she started to walk away. You turned to and started to walk to hall McGonagall had said all the Gryffindors would be in. However when you noticed the clock you started to walk faster, you only had two minutes to get there. Seeing that walking faster wouldn't help, you started to run to the hall, thankfully the corridors were empty so it was easier to get there. As you reached the door you noticed both the twins and Lee come running too and stopping when they noticed you.

"Late (y/n)" Fred blurted out.

"Not necessarily I'm still got 30 seconds before it's considered late"

"20 now" George added, causing you to roll your eyes. "Come on" you said as you opened the door.

"Late" McGongall said as she turned to look at you four.

"Technically we still have 10 seconds before it's considered late, Professor" Lee commented.

"Well then I suggest you four take a seat. (Y/n) over here and you boys over there" Once you four had found a place she started talking.

"Now the Yule Ball has been a tradition of the triwizard tournament since its inception. On Christmas Eve night we and our guests gather in the great hall for well mannered frivolity. As representatives of the host school I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward, and I mean this literally because the Yule Ball is first and foremost..a dance" Groans emerge from the boys side while on the girls side most shriek in excitement or giggle.

"Silence. The house of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizard world for nearly ten centuries. I will not have you in the course of a single evening besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons"

Out of the corner of your eyes you could see Fred and George laughing and whispering to each other. "Try saying that five times faster" you saw Fred whisper to George.

"Babbling, bumbling band of baboons" the two of them kept trying.

"Now to dance is to let the body breathe, inside every girl a secret swan slumbers longing to burst forth and take flight"